Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the brake dust issue has been raised before but how are others finding the wear on their disc rotors?

I have plenty of front pads left but have noticed that there is a reasonable sized ridge (say 1mm) now on the outer rim of my rotors. This is with only 25ks on the vehicle. I have never had to replace rotors on any previous vehicle and usually made 80k + between pads so I'd like to think that it is not my driving.

Any comments from those that carry a load all the time (nav-au?)

Cheers

·
Registered
2017 SV CC LWB 4x4 auto
180 Posts
I went to do my front pads today, which seemed early with only 38k on a '17 but they were making noise. It was a slight dragging noise, had it before on a Mazda the wife drove. On that the pad had separated from the backing and was rubbing the rotor.

I was surprised to see just what the original post said. My rotors were worn worse than the pads! I had a pronounced lip on the rotors. So much so that the pads no longer cleared them while rolling. Pads were better than 50% remaining, rotors were junk...

Needless to say I replaced the rotors as well. Planning on doing the rear pads and rotors next weekend.

I only use Carquest Wearever Platinum Professional brake components and know I will never have to do them again. I recommend them to anyone. Maybe not a huge performance upgrade, but zero dust and a lifetime warranty with silent operation is perfect for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts