Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2015 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4 with tow package. I removed my working brake controller from my old vehicle (fully functional) to use in the new car. I purchased the wiring harness for my Tekonsha Brake Controller plugged it in the the under the drivers side dash and the controller powered on. At that time, I did not have the bracket to the controller so I unplugged the controller, but the left the harness attached. After ordering the bracket, receiving it several days later, and installing it, I plugged the controller in and now it appears there is no power getting to the controller because no lights came on.

I searched through the forums looking for solutions, but could only locate threads relating to trailer lights not working. I'm thinking it could be a fuse, but could not find where it is located after searching through the fuse box.

Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
501 Posts
This is from a 2010 but should be the same.

See if you have power to the controller at the plug
5+ 1 ground
If there’s no power then just work back from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be other things like harness short from hanging, blown fuse, Or just the controller died. Strange things happen. Always check the simple stuff first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts