Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to put my recent brake and rotor bedding process for in a new post so it's quick and easy to find for anyone who was looking for an answer. Recently I posted it toward the end of page 3 in another older thread.

- Hit the breaks hard at 45mph to 5 or 10mph. I did this four times. Hard braking could be described as braking for an emergency. The pedal doesn't have to be slammed, but you want to stop as fast as possible.
- Then I drove around for about 4-5 minutes to cool them down. Coasted as much as possible to avoid stopping.
- Did not come to a complete stop until I parked my truck for the night.
- Didn't use the parking brake when I parked.

I did a lot of research on this. Keeping it simple seemed to be the most common response. So far so good.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I wanted to put my recent brake and rotor bedding process for in a new post so it's quick and easy to find for anyone who was looking for an answer. Recently I posted it toward the end of page 3 in another older thread.

- Hit the breaks hard at 45mph to 5 or 10mph. I did this four times. Hard braking could be described as braking for an emergency. The pedal doesn't have to be slammed, but you want to stop as fast as possible.
- Then I drove around for about 4-5 minutes to cool them down. Coasted as much as possible to avoid stopping.
- Did not come to a complete stop until I parked my truck for the night.
- Didn't use the parking brake when I parked.

I did a lot of research on this. Keeping it simple seemed to be the most common response. So far so good.
Since I owned my Charger I have always used this process, hence I have it bookmarked lol
https://www.zeckhausen.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=6446_6443

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found this post and was about to follow it....but I didn't have enough road. A lot of stops and starts to hit 60mph -> 20mph. Highway was too busy and it had to get done sooner or later; it's my daily driver.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts