Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

I initially mentioned these issues in the 'new guy' thread:
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f7/new-guy-09-cc-long-bed-some-issues-49157/#post739402

To recap:

Purchased a new 09 4x2 CC long bed yesterday, drove it back to our town directly from the dealership and stopped off for dinner. After dinner, hopped back in, and both the brake and battery lights stayed on after starting the truck, and all the way during the drive home.

Did some googling last night and most threads mention a it's sort of a general nissan warning for alternator issues. Others pointed out blown fuses (like engine control), so I thought it would be a good idea to check the fuses to see if I could identify any shorts and potentially narrow down the issue, but no luck there -- all fuses (interior and engine bay) are good. Brake fluid is right at the line... Alternator fluid is also good (kidding).

Going to call up the dealership (a bit of a trek, hence my intial hesistation) today and bring it in, at 150 miles new.

If anyone has any thoughts I'll still have the truck in the driveway for the next few hours, otherwise I'll report back on what the dealership finds.

Thanks,
mike

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
disconnect the ground and let it reset. Then see if it comes back.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Weird, I was thinking something with the charging system too. Sucks that its brand new and doing this. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Call nissan and tell them to send out a loaner on a tow truck and haul the POS back because you are afraid to drive it with faulty brakes. Tell them to swap you out with a same trim and color truck, or give you free extended warranty on brakes and charging system.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At the service dept now and they're taking a look, but of course both lights went out on the way here. As I was stopped at a light both lights went off and the battery gauge surged to the halfway point (it was previously well below the battery symbol, whatever that means... Why are auto MFG so scared to put numbers on gauges?).

At least there's free wifi and coffee.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts