Nissan Frontier Forum banner

bouncy bed

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  famous99 
#1 ·
i just had a question about my bouncy bed? i have a 05 nismo 4 door short bed. when im driving on the freeway my bed is riding really rough. what do i need to do get the stock frontier shocks or get new upgraded shocks? i would like to do whatever is the cheapest please help thanks

#5 ·
The shocks in the rear are really only dampeners. The leafs are the springs that hold the load. If you bed is freely moving while on the freeway, it is probably worns shocks. You can probably get away with just changing them and you should be good. Now I don't have a recommendation besides bilstein but if you need them quick, then see what your local auto parts store has and make an investment.

Side Note: I have heard good things about shockwarehouse.com so if you can wait for them to be shipped, it may be a cheaper option in the long run.

#6 ·
I don't believe that the bed bouncing has anything to do with the shocks. The bed on my truck has bounced around a little since new. I think it has more to do with the way it is mounted to the frame. I've seen a lot of newer trucks do this, titans, colorados etc. Now if you mean that the whole rear end bounces around going down the highway, then I would look into shocks. But if it is just the bed that wobbles a little going over bumps, then it isn't the shocks.

#10 ·
i do think titans and frontier's has the most wobbles than any other brand i thought my truck has an issue but when I saw those titans and other frontiers its the same
:(

#8 ·
Just to clear things up the bed is bouncing up and down for no reason on the freeway no just going over bumps. It's so bouncy sometimes that it gives me a headache. When the road is smooth it's ok but when the freeway has those joint lines is when it gets crazy. For now I have put a steel plate in the back to help out with the bounce but It has only helped alittle. How much to stick shocks cost

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.