Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
01 3.3 V6
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The tires on the truck now are 31x10.5x11 front and rear are 265/75/15. Regardless I needed new tires. I did some research online and thought that 235/75/15 were oem sizes so I ordered 4 of them. Just found out in the door jam it shows 265/70/15. Will my truck lose or gain anything bc of this???

Update: just got the new tires installed and alignment and man, it's like a whole new truck now. Looks funny but oh well not my DD.

·
Registered
2002 Nissan Frontier SE KC 4x4, 3.3 (non sc) 5-Speed. 3” lift. 285/75R16.
35 Posts
The 265s are basically a 31” tire while the 235s are more like 29”. You might lose a small amount of ride height with the smaller tires... probably gain better mpg though lol

Reactions: FreeFrontier

·
Registered
315 Posts
I dont eant to highjack your thread but what brand are those manual locking hub? Are they any good?

·
Registered
792 Posts
Depending on which size tires are in the back will effect your speedo

·
Registered
16 Posts
Interesting, my truck has the door jamb sticker size tires on it, but the speedometer reads almost 3 mph fast according to multiple GPS

·
Registered
315 Posts
Interesting, my truck has the door jamb sticker size tires on it, but the speedometer reads almost 3 mph fast according to multiple GPS
It is almost always the case as if it would read faster, Nissan could be held responsible for you speeding ticket. It is a ratio not a "3 miles" error. I believe they can be off by a maximum of 10% but dont quote me on that

·
Registered
305 Posts
Some manufacturers or could be all of them have different models throughout their fleet of vehicles they sell and their speedometer/speed sensor was tuned for one of their specific trim. The rest of the trims in the same model got different wheel/tires and the same or slightly different gear ratios that messes with the speed reading.

Reactions: Rowerwet
1 - 11 of 11 Posts