Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Waiting until tomorrow since its pretty late and don't want to mess it up with it not drying. I bought 3 cans to do both fender flares area, under the door area and the bumpers. I hope I bought enough.

Anyone got any experience with this stuff?

Do I sand the area with 60, 80, 100?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Make sure you clean it well after scuffing, I just did a roll on bed liner and used 60. I did use the spray on when I put on a new rear bumper, only used a scuffing pad, grey I think, and did not clean it as well as I should have, had some problem with it not sticking to the plastic very well. When I fixed it, after scuffing the plastic (more aggressively) , I cleaned it with acetone. Definitely is staying on better. Good luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Make sure you clean it well after scuffing, I just did a roll on bed liner and used 60. I did use the spray on when I put on a new rear bumper, only used a scuffing pad, grey I think, and did not clean it as well as I should have, had some problem with it not sticking to the plastic very well. When I fixed it, after scuffing the plastic (more aggressively) , I cleaned it with acetone. Definitely is staying on better. Good luck.
So after using both, would you recommend one or the other? I will be doing my rocker panels, sliders, roof channels, and maybe my wheels

·
Registered
337 Posts
All I can say is the roll on is a tougher product, but thick and rough (think you can see that from my pick) the spay on os a much lighter product, thinner and smoother. There is a build in the 1rst gen builds forum, i think the punisher, he used roll on for most of his truckhttp://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f102/punisher-134945/

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help, I think we're going to start painting it on today sometime.

I'll post pics before and after once complete to show it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts