Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I’ve been truck shopping for over a month. I’ve been looking for another Titan, to replace the one I sold a year or so ago. I’m both picky and a cheapskate, so truck shopping is a long and tedious process.

I woke up at 3AM a couple nights ago and got to looking at Frontier overland builds. I decided right then that I wanted to go with a Frontier. I actually wanted a Frontier for years when I bought my Titan.

The following day, me and the wife were both off work. I took her around to show her the two nicer 4wd Frontys I knew of locally. While driving from the first location to the second, I met a Suzuki Equator on the road and had an epiphany. Right then I knew my month worth of Craigslist, Autotrader, and Facebook searching was going to be over. Just a 1/4 from our next destination, I pulled in, opened Autotrader app, and searched for the Equator. 2 results, and one of those was exactly what I’d been searching for all this time. Silver, LWB, 4wd, dark interior. I immediately called the dealer and asked for availability.

After a 90 minute drive, I found the truck, drove it, and i just knew my search was over. Went in to the salesman, talked the price down $1000, drove the truck home. I couldn’t be happier with my purchase.

Anyway, sorry for the long introduction. I’m Chris from Alabama. Here’s my 2011 Equator with 86k miles.

·
Registered
Great truck
1,020 Posts
that's awesome. the secret frontier is what you got. there is a few in my town and I always look at them a lot when I am near them

·
Registered
825 Posts
Welcome nice find! Brother of the Frontier

·
Registered
153 Posts
Looks really good. I’m always jealous when people post their 4 door long beds. If I could of found one I woulda got it, but needed a vehicle bad and couldn’t wait.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Righteous find! :cool:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone! I have put it down a few overgrown trails already. I find that this truck is right in the sweet spot for price. New enough I can count on reliability, but cheap enough that I can scratch it up on trails and not care. Now to find a camper, some new rear springs, and develop my plans for camping out of it. Looking forward to years on the forum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts