Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at Bosch Icon wiper blades, the Bosch site, O'Reilly auto and even Amazons part widget are saying 24A (24") and 16A (16") but other brands I've looked at are 24" and 18". If you put the Icon blades on your Frontier, do you remember what part # or size you used?
Thanks

2016 Crew Cab

·
Registered
305 Posts
Looking at Bosch Icon wiper blades, the Bosch site, O'Reilly auto and even Amazons part widget are saying 24A (24") and 16A (16") but other brands I've looked at are 24" and 18". If you put the Icon blades on your Frontier, do you remember what part # or size you used?
Thanks

2016 Crew Cab
I actually went with Trico blades last time, but the first time was Bosch Icons. I used 24" and 18" both times on a '16 S-model KC.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I actually went with Trico blades last time, but the first time was Bosch Icons. I used 24" and 18" both times on a '16 S-model KC.

Wow! You've changed your wiper blades twice already. I've had my "16" since
last june and have been thinking about changing them, but haven't yet.
Feel like a slacker now, 24/18, got it.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Wow! You've changed your wiper blades twice already. I've had my "16" since
last june and have been thinking about changing them, but haven't yet.
Feel like a slacker now, 24/18, got it.
LOL, yeah I didn't like the factory set, so I put the Bosch right away. I change my wiper blades religiously every 6 months because the rubber deteriorates and we get a lot of rain and bugs in Florida.

·
Registered
374 Posts
LOL, yeah I didn't like the factory set, so I put the Bosch right away. I change my wiper blades religiously every 6 months because the rubber deteriorates and we get a lot of rain and bugs in Florida.
So what is the size of the Bosch wipers that you put on your fronty @Pelican_Flyer? I am interested in swapping mines in the future with bosch as well. ::grin::

·
Registered
71 Posts
Same here, I changed mine from the factory ones in the first week I got my truck. I like the Bosch ones for the snow. They are very tough so they scrape the ice away and they contour to the windshield better than the stupid metal cheap ones. Those ones don't even wipe on the edges because they get straight when they get cold.

AZSobo, I think they recommend the 16" for some reason (that's how they come from the factory maybe?) but the 18" will give you extra coverage to wipe away more. I would go with the 18"s.

·
Premium Member
6,668 Posts
24" / 18", swapped them in Feb of 2016 and still working really well (I usually swap blades once a year)

·
Registered
305 Posts
So what is the size of the Bosch wipers that you put on your fronty @Pelican_Flyer? I am interested in swapping mines in the future with bosch as well. ::grin::
I went with 24" and 18" for the passenger side

I've changed mine twice in 3 years.... Are the Bosch ones any good?
I tried the Bosch because of their reviews. They were fine, but the Trico blades IMHO are just as good. Since I tend to change my blades regularly, I'll probably stick with the Trico blades to save money. For you, the Bosch may last longer.

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
13,804 Posts
I used to swear by the Bosch Icons, but then I was getting some out of the box that left streaks. Seeing as how it rains 160+ days up here, I change blades often and have found the Michelin blades similar to the Icons and costs less, so I have made the switch on both my vehicles.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I went with 24" and 18" for the passenger side
Do you mind sending me the link to where you picked up pair of these? If it is in stock nearby I might go and pick some up. Thanks fellow S model bud::wink::::grin::::laugh:::angel:

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Been using Bosch Icons for quite a few years now - usually swap mine out twice/year (same as Pelican Flyer - lot's of rain and bugs down here in FL). They are fairly thin blades - had to switch to Rain-X Lattitude for my Honda - seemed to streak a bit more but work good on the truck.

Amazon

Bosch ICON 18A

Bosch ICON 24A

Advance Auto

18A

24A

Usually get several sets each year for about $30-35 a pair at either Advance Auto (use coupon code SCW227 for 30% off), Wally World (Wal-Mart), or Amazon when they go on sale.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Been using Bosch Icons for quite a few years now - usually swap mine out twice/year (same as Pelican Flyer - lot's of rain and bugs down here in FL). They are fairly thin blades - had to switch to Rain-X Lattitude for my Honda - seemed to streak a bit more but work good on the truck.

Amazon

Bosch ICON 18A

Bosch ICON 24A

Advance Auto

18A

24A

Usually get several sets each year for about $30-35 a pair at either Advance Auto (use coupon code SCW227 for 30% off), Wally World (Wal-Mart), or Amazon when they go on sale.
LOL, beat me to it.

·
Registered
305 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
While researching I found that no matter which style or where I was looking, Bosch recommends the 16" for the passenger. I knew that was too small, so I hit it with a tape measure and the OEM blade measures 17.5" +/-. Every other brand recommends 18" for the passenger side but since I've never purchased Bosch windshield wipers I wasn't sure if maybe it was over-sized or something. I went with Denso low profile this time, never bought them either but I've seen that brand around for years so I figured they must be acceptable. Now that I know, I'll probably go with the Icons next time.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002Y35LYG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Left

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002Y30HPY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Right

I usually go cheap but I've noticed a lot of recent bad reviews at Amazon for the cheaper brands, mostly rubber separating or frames breaking causing the blade to scratch the windshield and since the windshield already has a lot of road rash marks, I don't want a wiper blade marks too. The Frontier is my wife's daily driver so I like to keep it as complaint free as possible.

We live in the desert so all in all, changing wiper blades annually is just an annoyance, we don't see much rain.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts