Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well guys its time to see how much these vq40's can handle. let me start off from the begginning. i go to uti in avondale az. i have a buddy in my class from detriot. he owns a sts turbo camero. its sweet. he had built the lower end of the motor. and it throwing 10 lbs on it. he runs a 12.8 in the quarter. so ive been doing some smak talking to some people who think there car is faster and i embarress them. many srt4 and a couple mustang gt's. so ive been talking to my bud and i told him that if he can lower his boost to about 6 psi i will take him on and whip him in the quart mile. he weighs 3900 lbs and with 6 lbs of boost he will be around 360whp. not to bad. thats about where im at. now being the trash talker i am ive been saying how im going to send his sorry *** back to detriot saturday ha. now i know with me running 6lbs he would take me.he knows thats what im running. but what he doesnt know i that i am going down to my protunner tomorrow and gettting tuned for 9-10 psi. that should put me up to 400 whp. which is an estimate. which should knock me into the 12'si have half of uti going to speedworld raceway on saturday to whatch us race. anyone who is in az and wants to see me run i will be at speedwold in surprise az this satuday at 8pm. i just hope i dont blow my motor. we have 25 bucks on the race to. but mostly braging rights:)

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Sounds like a fun race to watch. I wish I could be there to see it. Good luck hines!!

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
how many bags of concrete did he have to put in his camaro to get it to weigh 3900 lbs? curb weight for a 4th gen is about 3400lbs. New Camaro is 3700 lbs.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its a 98 camero. he weighs 200 lbs and he has a full sound system in his truck. so the estamate is about 3800 lbs. sorry i didnt know. that just what he thought. anybody think i have a chance?

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
what tires will you be running?

Is he a 6 speed or auto? If a 6 speed, maybe he'll blow the tires off at the line in the excitement of trying to make sure he doesn't get beat by an SUV.

His time of 12.8 is what he should be running with basic bolt ons and some drag radials, so it tells me that either he doesn't have the right tires or he's not very experienced at the track.

If he knows what he's doing and hooks, his car should be capable of low-mid 12 second times at 360 whp. I went 11.76 in my old '03 cobra at full weight (true 3900 lbs) and 426 whp with a 1.63 60 ft.

If you can find a set of drag radials or ET Streets, launch off the rev limiter and hold on! :)

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
ha ya he is more then capable then 12 sec. but he has serious traction issues and has to let out because his trans wont shift from 1-2 at wot.

and im running 267/45r 20s. street tires

ha ya he is more then capable then 12 sec. but he has serious traction issues and has to let out because his trans wont shift from 1-2 at wot.

and im running 267/45r 20s. street tires and i think i have a chance

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes of course. it didnt happen if i didnt get one

·
Registered
136 Posts
X2 that video, I want to do the same thing with my motor... but not sure if I want a supercharger or a turbo, Ive seen both done on here, and I go to Wyotech in Blairsville,PA

I tried drawing up some plans (Twin Turbo, Turbo, Supercharger, and centrifugal ) but everything is on paper... ....getting side tracked

anyway.... yea, can't wait to see that video lol

·
Registered
693 Posts
At 10psi, are you using forged internals already? I wanted to know about how high our motors can go before something blows. Oh yeah, and SMASH him at the track!!!

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Did this ever happen, the OP was 2 month ago? Video?

·
Registered
706 Posts
so ive been doing some smak talking to some people who think there car is faster and i embarress them. many srt4 and a couple mustang gt's. so ive been talking to my bud and i told him that if he can lower his boost to about 6 psi i will take him on and whip him in the quart mile.

wait, so let me get this straight. You've been talking some smack about people about how you can embarass them, then you ask the guy if he will gimp his car while you increase the boost on yours and then tell him you'll beat him?

wow....why don't you ask him to just remove his supercharger and ask for some length.....

Just seems kind of pointless...

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
where's the video!?

·
Registered
250 Posts
wait, so let me get this straight. You've been talking some smack about people about how you can embarass them, then you ask the guy if he will gimp his car while you increase the boost on yours and then tell him you'll beat him?

wow....why don't you ask him to just remove his supercharger and ask for some length.....

Just seems kind of pointless...
they are friends, so im sure it would be all in good fun, and besides that if he can beet the camero with only 3-4 lbs difference, it would still be bragging rights. after all, we are talking about a modded "sports car", against an equally modded suv, i say fail on chevy with the camero lol i used to love raping them and mustangs when i had my ka-t 240sx lol. i ran a couple ws6's at the track, 1 stock, and one with every bolton in the summit catalog and i heard he had a cam "that one was pretty close", but they get pissed hehe! espesialy the guy in the modded one, he came upto the line with a full on drag setup, big street rubber in back, pizza cutters front, ladder bars etc.. his car was only good for 1/4mile, and here i am, cute little drift car slamed to the ground on coilovers, almost bald 235/45/17's and get him by .2seconds, it was so funny 12.7 me 12.9 him.

i think what he ment that he talked smack to the other guys then embarrised them after he beet them, not just by talk. and i agree, it would be cool to see them run lb for lb after he gets his buddy lol.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Im hoping our stock internals can handle 10lbs..... After I do the turbo in the summer I would love to run 8-9lbs safely and still have 400rwhp :)

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
im very sorry its been a while. im extremely busy with work and school. i go to uti in avondale az. and i work at checker auto. and i work about 35 hrs a week. so im not on to much. im sorry.

so here is the low down. i went and got tuned for 10lbs of boost. got 418 hp and 436 tq to the wheels. that was alot more then i expected! i told my buddy i was so he told me he wasnt going to lower the boost on his marro. so we both are running 10lbs. the next day we head out to the track at get there at 8. on our first run i had awesome traction and by the 1/8 mile i jad him by two car leghnths. i thought i had it in the bag for sure. my 0-60 foot time was 1.85 which it awesome considering my 0-60 foot time with 5lbs was 2.08. now anyways at about 100 feet from the line he passes me. and he was passing me fast. my time was 13.0 @ 103mph and his was 12.89 @ 113. so you can see it was a super close race but he has the top end on me. two races later i was able to get him strong off the line and caugh him sleeping. we ran the same times, but i won by 0.04 seconds.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts