Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many people would be interested in a direct fit bolt on high flow catalytic converter replacement for the second generation with VQ40 motor? 2 2.25" high flow cats (one each side) with o2 bungs and direct bolt flanges, stainless steel. I'm thinking $350 range.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
If you mean 2 for $350 total, thats reasonable if its a direct bolt in. It cost me about $175 on parts to make mine, but there is a fair amount of welding involved. Plus I used some parts off my old manifolds, so it would have cost me a little more if I had bought them too.

This would be for all 4 cats or just 2 and 2 B-pipes or what? Also, are our primary cats welded to the manifolds or not?
No the primary cats are not welded on. They have a 3 bolt flange.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The manifolds are bolted to the two cat pipes and then the cats are bolts to the y pipe. This would replace all four cats with two high flow cats, all bolt in. I've got the spare time and equipment and space to make something of this for the fronty community.

Anyone know if the xterras and pathfinders have different cat setups?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'll be waiting...

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I'd be up for it if it didn't throw a code.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I'd be up for it if it didn't throw a code.
I would say you have a 50/50 chance of throwing a code. If you otherwise have mild exhaust mods you might be OK. If you are changing everything, there is a decent chance of throwing codes. I know personal, I was OK while I still had my flowmaster on, but once I replaced it with more free flowing magnaflows, I started throwing cat codes. Shiner also had code problems with his truck his after replacing his cats. Thanks to Uprev we both have got around these codes.
In my opinion, the highflow cats are a good mod, however I would suggest them to just those who are very serious about performance and for anyone intersted keep in mind that you might have to deal with possible emissions issues and throwing codes. Of course a direct bolt in cat would help in the emissions area of problems. That would leave just the code issue which can be solved with the right equipment or tune. For me dealing with these issues were worth it, but to most, maybe not.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'd be very interested in a bolt on option. The price is very compareble to the ones I had on my Z.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts