Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm writing this hopes of getting some advice/tips on doing some minor body work to my 2010 Pro4x. I recently had an "altercation" with a pole that left my rear passenger fender flare in a bad way. I bought this truck used and although the previous owner said it hadn't been in any sort of wreckage, I believe that is now untrue as the way the paint chipped off which is... interesting (see picture). My original plan was to patch it up in order to rust proof it, and then install fender flares to hide the booboo. As it turns out there really isn't a fender flare manufactured for this model of truck that won't cost me upwards of $500. At this point I just want to patch it up so it looks semi presentable and won't rust on me. Any advice on how to best go about this. I don't even want to bother getting a body work quote because I'm sure it will be nearly $1000.

Attachments

·
Registered
388 Posts
I would personally give the DIY approach a go. It's an accessible area, start working the dent out slowly, get it decent, sand the area and then get color match paint. If that doesn't look good then no major harm. Lot's of good videos on Youtube regarding dent removal.

·
Registered
333 Posts
It can't hurt to get a quote at a body shop.
And while they are at it clean up anything else that needs attention.
It all depends on how good you want it to look.
Maybe just blue paint, and call it a day.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
It might be a lil more complex than it appears. That definitely looks like body filler and it may may need to be removed in order to really see what's going on underneath since some of the filler may be separated from the panel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts