Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Toyota 4runner TRDOR
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, my truck now has more pops and creaks than I have. Its time to do something.
Basically, all the bushings are getting worn and starting to squeak. Is there an easy way to lube them rather than pulling each one out and greasing it individually? I was thinking something like a lithium grease spray that I could get the straw in and lube it.

Anyone have any luck with this?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
That's probably your best bet. get a good spray one and it'll seep through the cracks and lube it up.

·
Premium Member
13,985 Posts
Welcome to owning a 1st gen haha. When it was still using torsion bars and the 3" SL there wasn't a day that went by where it didn't creak or pop. Popping was usually the torsion bars, creaking was always the suspension. The tiniest bit of dirt in there will make the suspension do that. Pressure wash the suspension regularly and grease what you can.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
You might try lubeing the rubber components w/Ruglyde. Put it in a squirting oil can. Ruglyde is the stuff they use when mounting tires. Available in good parts stores by the gallon. About 12 bucks. Use it for everything made of rubber. Great stuff.
A little white lithium grease between the leaves of the springs wouldn't hurt either.

·
Registered
99 Posts
cool anyones else with some input would be sweet as i just started having the same problem with the squeek in the front end but i suspect it is my shocks where it really only comes front the one place and mine is still runnung the torsion bar set up

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cool anyones else with some input would be sweet as i just started having the same problem with the squeek in the front end but i suspect it is my shocks where it really only comes front the one place and mine is still runnung the torsion bar set up
just wait till it squeaks and creaks when you get in and out of the truck...

·
Registered
515 Posts
sexy...what do you mean by the t-bars popping?

·
Registered
99 Posts
yeah shes creekin then too there is a problem tho i'll keep ya posted and let ya know when i find it i have 3 possibles i just gotta wait for a day off with out it snowing to figure it out! its not just squeekin for fun

·
Premium Member
13,985 Posts
sexy...what do you mean by the t-bars popping?
When I hit bumps or made a turn sometimes it would make a bit of a popping noise..not bad, but it wasn't the same as the creaking noise the suspension made. The worst was when a rock was stuck between the top of one of my t-bars and the bottom of the truck.

·
Registered
515 Posts
after my 3"sl I started hearing a popping from the front end once and a while. usuall when I compress the suspension in the front. Sounds like the t bar might be slipping in the anchor but no evidence of that yet. It happens when i go from flat to moderatley steep hill

·
Registered
99 Posts
ok when i got off work i put the truck on ramps and took a look at the front end i rocked it up and down and i found the squeek the front sway bar links are toast the bushings are gone and shes rubbing metal on metal sounds great but not to bad only gonna be a 60-80$ fix according to my local car quest!!!

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok when i got off work i put the truck on ramps and took a look at the front end i rocked it up and down and i found the squeek the front sway bar links are toast the bushings are gone and shes rubbing metal on metal sounds great but not to bad only gonna be a 60-80$ fix according to my local car quest!!!
$60 for a pair of $15 bushings!!!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
yeah no for the whole thing man i'm just gonna do the links the pines are pretty messed up to i gotta wait till i tear it apart to know what i'm doing for sure one or the other tho long as she finally stops sounding like a well used bed its all good LOL!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I believe my squeaking is coming from the stops on the knuckle. It only happens on sharp turns to the left and the truck leans. There is evidence of rubbing on the lower control arm and the little metal cap on the bolt for the stop has worn completely through. Can anyone confirm that they are having them same problem or do I have a bigger problem at hand?

·
Registered
40 Posts
squeaks sound like fire crackers lol

so i knw my bumpers loose.which im getting that fixed slowly.i still have tons of squeaking.its almost like fire crackers popping all at once.id reverse down my drive way.n it be like a lil squeak. than as soon as i head down the road its like squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak lol..its really embarrassing and annoying. my truck isn't a rust bucket.it looks really nice. i tried greasing my blocks ( i have a body lift) and tried greasing the leaf springs.ill try it again 2morrow.but other than im stuck.i dnt want to spend 110 bucks @ nissan to get them to check for the problem..it probably save me A LOT of time..but idk..ne one can help me? its not the front hood thing.my shocks are still good.so idk.................! ugh hit me up here or gmail me @ [email protected]

·
Registered
336 Posts
Similarly, how much could I expect to shell out for polyurethane bushings all the way around? I know I've seen full kits for our trucks, but I can't remember where. I just searched and can't find it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
so i came to a conclusion

So as i drove to kfc tonite..i turned down the ozzy..and listened carefully as i drove.now going over the tiniest of bumps..i would hear a squeak.and even going slow it sounded like something rattling yet squeaking...SO annoying..i know my ball joints need to be changed.because i took my truck for allignment awhile back and they wouldn't do it because they said i needed to change my upper n lower ball joints. so after googling squeaking suspension.it showed ball joint results.so do you guys think this is my problem?...cuz ive tighted up my bumper.replaced a lot of the clips n screws.i didn't take off my oil pan guard yet.but i will try that 2morrow.but im pretty sure its the ball joints now.ne advice plzzz hit me up.thank u..it really is annoying.if i can find batteries i will stick my flip under my truck n record the noise.

·
Registered
383 Posts
So as i drove to kfc tonite..i turned down the ozzy..and listened carefully as i drove.now going over the tiniest of bumps..i would hear a squeak.and even going slow it sounded like something rattling yet squeaking...SO annoying..i know my ball joints need to be changed.because i took my truck for allignment awhile back and they wouldn't do it because they said i needed to change my upper n lower ball joints. so after googling squeaking suspension.it showed ball joint results.so do you guys think this is my problem?...cuz ive tighted up my bumper.replaced a lot of the clips n screws.i didn't take off my oil pan guard yet.but i will try that 2morrow.but im pretty sure its the ball joints now.ne advice plzzz hit me up.thank u..it really is annoying.if i can find batteries i will stick my flip under my truck n record the noise.
didnt you say your front bumper cover was loose? if so, it could be the mounting bolts that hold it on-- usually the ones on the driver side.

·
Registered
40 Posts
yeah i fixed those.theres not much play with the bumper now.i jus gotta put the plastic ones in that sit kinda above the radiator.were that plastic cylinder peice of the bumper is right underneath the hood. im almost 98%sure its the ball joints... ive reversed n went foward with the hood popped open.but idk..i do have a body lift.and ive looked at all the rubber blocks.they look fine 2 me.i really don't wanna fork out 110 bucks to nisssan to have them do a check for were the squeaks are coming from. ne other ideas ? i mean for real the squeaks are bad.i mean its practicually embarrassing lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts