Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll have a little extra money coming my way here in the next couple months so I figure I may as well get the crazy *** dent in the bed of the truck taken care of... Does anyone on here know of any good quality body shops in the area that won't try to financially assault me?

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Got a picture of the dent? deepening on how big and where it is at one of those paint-less dent places.
How much longer will you be in VA?

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's two dents with a crease going through them, then a deep scratch from the gas door to about a foot before the tail light. So, paintless isn't really an option. So far I've been quoted $680-800 depending on the place. I just want to make sure I don't get screwed. I don't even really care about the paint, now that I have pinstripes all up and down both sides from the trees!

Oh, and I'll be in Yorktown until the weekend of 9/11, then I'm down in Portsmouth for 8 weeks but I'm not sure if I'll be able to leave at any point during my training down there.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Cant really help you on the shop of choice. But judging by the dent in the picture I believe any price in that range is acceptable. I wrote a estimate for shits and giggles and Im at about 872.00. That is with Austins labor rates but that is right around what you should be paying. FYI a 2007 you must have insurance. PM me if you have any insurance related questions. Good luck :)

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Cant really help you on the shop of choice. But judging by the dent in the picture I believe any price in that range is acceptable. I wrote a estimate for shits and giggles and Im at about 872.00. That is with Austins labor rates but that is right around what you should be paying. FYI a 2007 you must have insurance. PM me if you have any insurance related questions. Good luck :)
Actually, I would only be required to have insurance if I was financing it (depending on the state).... Which I am, but that's besides the point. I'm paying for it out of pocket, which is why I want to make sure to get a good price. The labor rates all seem to be within a couple bucks per hour of each other, depending on the shop, and the variation just seems to be in how long the guy doing the estimate things it will take.

Perfect time to get fiberglass bedsides!!!

All the fenders I've seen look pretty grotesque... and since my tires only stick out about 2" on each side, fiberglass is too extreme and bushwackers don't offer anything that would help significantly.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Oh, and I'll be in Yorktown until the weekend of 9/11, then I'm down in Portsmouth for 8 weeks but I'm not sure if I'll be able to leave at any point during my training down there.
Plenty of time to plan a wheeling trip.:)

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You bet, Mike! That's why I hate to even get the side painted again, I just know it's gonna end up scratched anyway! I'll check on here periodically to see what you guys have planned.... hopefully I can make it at some point.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts