Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the 10.9's a worthwhile purchase over the 8.8's? Is anyone running 8.8's and noticing any sort of problems or have had any problems?
I recall one person saying that they bent some 8.8's but they were doing something I won't be doing or having to worry about (snow).

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
13,888 Posts
Are the 10.9's a worthwhile purchase over the 8.8's? Is anyone running 8.8's and noticing any sort of problems or have had any problems?
I recall one person saying that they bent some 8.8's but they were doing something I won't be doing or having to worry about (snow).
ya that was me - also snapped the body mount that time. no probs afterwards. i used 10's in the back because that was all they had - also only used 90mm in length

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Honestly what is the price difference? Just think of the possible damage if the 8.8 breaks, that will help you decide on the 10.9s.

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A little self-discussion never hurt anyone.

The Class 10.9 bolts come out to $85.64 from Fastenal. UHMW totals $40. I can't make my own front bracket so I will have to find someone else to do it, I am guessing that will cost around $50 (saw someone else post it was $100 for front and rear where he went). Bed spacers from 4crawler are $26 for 4. A little over $200 to DIY plus I still have to drill the UHMW and cut it - not difficult by any means from what I have read but it always leaves room for error.
I guess there isn't much of a reason to NOT order the AC kit. Unless of course you can make your own brackets and bed spacers.

Of course, if Class 8.8 bolts were acceptable then the bolts would be about $40 less. AC, however, says they include Grade 8 (Class 10.9).

·
Registered
463 Posts
I have had the 8.8 bolts on my truck for a few months and have had no problems!

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
If you can't make and can't find someone in your area to make the brackets, then the AC kit sounds a lot better.

Have you checked your local ACE to see if they have the bolts? They always seem to have the things that nobody else locally has.

·
Registered
635 Posts
:eek:fftopic: domoMKIV's avatar rules !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts