Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This question is going to sound brand new as all hell, but is it possible or even right to combine a body lift (like this) with a suspension lift (like this) to get a total lift of 8"??

·
Registered
361 Posts
I think if you photoshop your truck with this amount of lift, you won't like it.

Anyway, neither of those will fit a new Frontier.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What do you mean neither of them will fit the new Frontier? That's exactly what they're made for.

And I just used those as an example. I'm pretty much asking if you can combine a body lift with a suspension lift, whether its for a total of 8" like the kits above or lower. What would be the limiting factors or things I'd have to watch out for?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Sorry, I thought those were for '00 to '04 only. My mistake.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I think it would work.
you just have to watch out for the usual things like brake line length
drive shaft angles.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Steering linkages are important, also.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Full size trucks do it all the time, you always see a 6" suspention lift combined with a 3" body lift. I'm sure with the more popular brands those kits are complete since they're everywhere. With the <05' Frontier, you may have to iron out some kink's with a combo like that, depending on how complete the kits are that you plan on getting.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Funny you should mention this....I was going to do this exact thing. I want to do the 5" suspension lift with a the 3" body lift plus a bigger tire....i'm hoping for a total of about 11" higher than stock.....I only want to do this because there is way too much crap crammed underneath the hood to bag it and bodydrop it on 20's. So i figured I might as well lift it...I can't leave anything stock.
I had a bagged and bodydropped Isuzu Hombre w/ a 350 SB.....FUN!!!!
Went and bought a 05 Spec-v but couldn't do anything but speed to it so I traded it for the Fronty....I'll always be a truck guy I guess.....sorry for the long post

·
Registered
255 Posts
Of course you can combine them, why not? They are independent from each other. One affects the suspension, the other affectc how the body is mounted in relation to the frame. What size tires are you looking to run with gazzilion inches of lift? 32" fit stock, 33s will fit with 2" spacer lift, are you going with 40"? If so, you better upgrade the drivetrain as well.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I dont see a problem with it working because ther is no conflict with either lift. Although in my opinion a body lift exposes the frame and to me it is unattractive to have the frame showing.

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Banned
410 Posts
people do it all the time, there is absolutly nothing wrong with it. a body lift messes with the body, and suspension messes with the suspension, they cant conflict each other in any way. i have a body lift and a suspension lift comming right now for my new nismo. but i didnt buy the 5" lift i got the 3" so between the 2 lifts ill have about a 6" lift bought and shipped for less than 600$ and i should be able to fit 33's with ease! lifts should both be here by the 5th of april.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sweet, thanks for the responses fellas. Frontin, we'll be waiting for the pics.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Frontin said:
people do it all the time, there is absolutly nothing wrong with it. a body lift messes with the body, and suspension messes with the suspension, they cant conflict each other in any way. i have a body lift and a suspension lift comming right now for my new nismo. but i didnt buy the 5" lift i got the 3" so between the 2 lifts ill have about a 6" lift bought and shipped for less than 600$ and i should be able to fit 33's with ease! lifts should both be here by the 5th of april.
I can't wait to see the pics after your done...You should have one badass truck...HEY, you think you will be moved out of the MIDSIZE truck catigory? 8O

·
Registered
482 Posts
Frontin said:
they cant conflict each other in any way.
I wouldn't say that. they do have the possibility of not working together on some applications depending on which kit(s) you get and on what truck. the biggest headache you may run into would be the steering linkage. You have enough play to streach it either way, but to streach it both ways can sometime be a pain in the butt. Everything else should be adjustable with the kit you buy.
Which 3" suspension are you getting?

·
Banned
410 Posts
okay well really the lifts dont conflict each other, but other parts that are affected with the lift can become problems tru, but there is still no reason you cant do both :D

i bought the calmini with blocks in the rear

·
Banned
410 Posts
NizmoGizmo said:
Frontin said:
I can't wait to see the pics after your done...You should have one badass truck...HEY, you think you will be moved out of the MIDSIZE truck catigory? 8O

oh and fullsize trucks are to big, i like the smaller trucks. i damn near bought a titan but after driving it, it was just to big of a truck for me right now. after i get the frontier paid off thou, a titan will be my next purchase.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Frontin said:
okay well really the lifts dont conflict each other, but other parts that are affected with the lift can become problems tru, but there is still no reason you cant do both :D

i bought the calmini with blocks in the rear
Let me know what problems you run into becuase I have been toyin with the thought of doing the same thing but have not got straight answers on things yet.

·
Registered
6,057 Posts
I'm planning to get the body kit too. have a small 2" SL so far. I figure since
the BL comes with the steering spacer, there shouldn't be anything out of
wack.
Only thing i'm kinda worried about is a possible problem with the brake lines.
Since they already "shortened" due to the SL, will the BL require new lines?
Or does a BL have no effect on brake lines? I read through instructions on a
BL and it requires unbolting the ABS and brake lines.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts