Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was traffic, this BMW guy was right behind me and I guessed he was in rush, he changed lane and kissed my bumper on the driver's side.

The bad part is, this guy has no insurance and his driver license got suspended because DWI. OK, he offered me to have my truck fix (replacing the rear bumper and re-painting the quarter panel). After thinking that if I call the cop, he would go to jail, but in return, I would have my insurance pays for the damages, I pay for the deductible, and my premium goes up. So, I agreed to have him and the body shop that he works for fix my truck.

He and I drove to the body shop and had my truck fixed in 2 days. Dropped it off Friday afternoon and picked it up on Saturday afternoon.

This is the guy who did it:

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I hope he did quality work on your truck so you don't have to have it redone in the near future.
No license or insurance for a DWI and he obviously can't drive. Worked out good for you, but what about the next person he runs into?

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I inspected the work before I drove off the body shop. The shop owner is very nice. He told me to come back anytime for any problem regarding the repair and he wrote the warranty for it.

Well, it's my Lunar New Year so I didn't want to make a big deal on the guy. I wanted to give some bless as well. About the next person he runs into will have to deal with it. He kept his words on fixing mine so I'm going to keep my words on not reporting him unless he comes back for some reasons. I'm keeping all the papers including his confession so as for now, I'm safe, I hope.

Thanks,

·
Super Moderator
11,053 Posts
Glad it worked out for you. Amazing the odds of him hitting you and then being able to have it immediately repaired too. Hope he learned from this but I doubt it.

Clint

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
13,736 Posts
that worked out well for ya. goos on ya for passing along some good karma for the guy. somethimes a little start in a positive direction is all someone needs.

now lets wait for roastbeef to chime in how awesome that bmw is, and how it will always win win win :laugh:

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Anyone driving with a suspended licence from a DWI should have been tagged bigtime. Your definately a much nicer guy than me.
The fool is a menis on the road.

just my .02

d-mo

·
Registered
837 Posts
That guys an IDIOT first of all for not insuring a beamer and second for rolling with a DWI

I'd say good move on not screwing him over, pretty sure he feels messeded up enough with that much damage to his front end

·
Registered
515 Posts
Im glad you got your truck fixed. Although it seems like getting a DWI didn't change they way this guy drives. Letting him off the hook is your choice, but he is still reckless, his license is suspended but he still disregards public law and he manipulated you into letting him off the hook......again!

His confidence will grow thinking he can always get out of this sort of situation. That's just how criminals think. I know because I work with them.........atleast your truck is fixed

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, letting him go was definitely my choice. It was Friday afternoon. By calling the cops, I would have to wait for about 3-4 hours since there was no injury regarding the accident. And in Houston, having an accident without injuries is very minor and cops only come when there is absolutely no other priorities. So, I would have ruined my Friday and celebrating my New Year. Not only that, I did not and won't live on insurance. Even though there would be a nice check from the insurance for about $2,500 PIP, medical, etc...

Well, what I'm trying to say is that if I ever fall into the situation, I would want to be forgiven and had a chance. And I sure do hope that he'll learn from it. BUT, it's his choice. Just like I had my choices, and I chose to let him go.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Well, what I'm trying to say is that if I ever fall into the situation, I would want to be forgiven and had a chance. And I sure do hope that he'll learn from it. BUT, it's his choice. Just like I had my choices, and I chose to let him go.
You just built up a huge bank of Karma points, you should be covered for a while.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts