Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve got a very basic 2016 model (didn’t even know anyone made hand crank windows any more) that I can connect to my phone, but it only works for phone calls. If I try playing music, it doesn’t work. Is there a way to play music through speakers or would I need to buy a new stereo, or would that even do it?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Do you have a pic of your head unit? Is there an option for “media” or “aux” anywhere on the head unit itself?

I’m not familiar with all of the different head unit types for this MY but maybe there’s a auxiliary jack inside the center console?

Hopefully someone else can chime in with some better info.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These is an AUX jack, but I was hoping for Bluetooth connection.

·
Registered
348 Posts
These is an AUX jack, but I was hoping for Bluetooth connection.
They do sell Bluetooth adapters that you can plug into the aux port that way at least there’d be no cable and you’d be “wireless”

·
Premium Member
5,551 Posts
I’ve got a very basic 2016 model (didn’t even know anyone made hand crank windows any more) that I can connect to my phone, but it only works for phone calls. If I try playing music, it doesn’t work. Is there a way to play music through speakers or would I need to buy a new stereo, or would that even do it?
Not all "Bluetooth" head units (OEM) have audio streaming; some just have hands-free calling.
The easy way is to upgrade the head unit.
The simple way is to use a Bluetooth audio receiver.
Example: In my other vehicle I use a $19 SoundBot SB360 connected to the AUX port and to a USB charger in the 12v port. It works really well and my phone connects to it automatically whenever I turn the vehicle on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ended up getting an adapter that plugs in the AUX. Maybe I can upgrade the whole thing later, but there’s other stuff I want to do first.

·
Registered
348 Posts
nice! easiest/cheapest fix if you can live with everything else.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts