Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got: 2014 base model frontier. I hate touch screens and much prefer the tactile buttons on my basic cd/radio. I do have Bluetooth phone with steering wheel controls. Any way to extended this to music on Spotify without using the headphone jack cable. I don't need to control the music through the truck. Just to play the darn music.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Probably the best way to do this without using the headphone jack is to upgrade your head unit.... The base model radios are pretty limited in function and I'm pretty sure that you can't do the music-over-bluetooth with it....

·
Registered
895 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Thank you for the reply Optikel.
So on your 2010 do you have the Factory Rockford Fosgate stereo with the sony walkman style / 3.5 mm headphone jack "IN" located by the power port / Cigarette lighter?
If so does your phone pair-up via bluetooth to both the Factory stereo (Phone calls through factory stereo speakers/Mic) and pair up to the bluetooth receiver (Music) ?

Or does your phone (by itself) somehow handle the phone call (Speaker phone/Cel phone mic) and music thru the blue tooth adapter?

Is your phone a i-phone or an android?

This may save me about 600.00 to 800.00 dollars for a new pioneer/kenwood head unit.
Right now every time I get in my truck I manually plug my smartphone via 3.5mm cable for spotify and navigation.

Thanks in advance.
-Carl

In my 2010, I use this with no issues. If a call comes in when I'm streaming, the call pauses the stream. Comes with a mini usb charger that I can charge with the usb plug in in the center console. https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Receiver-Hands-Free-LESHP-Wireless/dp/B01JO672QA/ref=sr_1_sc_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1476130314&sr=8-3-spell&keywords=bluetooth+receievr

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've got the factory Rockford Fosgate stereo with the 3.5mm jack. My phone pairs up with the ifactory stereo/speakers, and Bluetooth mic. My phone is a Samsung Note 5. It's a quick button press to turn on the Bluetooth receiver and hit the aux button on the radio and you're good to go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just plugged this in after not using it for awhile, looks like with the last android update it doesn't give me the option to route calls through the "my car" frontier bluetooth, everything runs through this now. I'll work on it this weekend and see if I can get it to switch over when a call comes in

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts