Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Bluetooth issues

5K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  925pro4x 
#1 ·
Hello guys, new to the forum and new to the 21st century as far as vehicles go. Just recently upgraded from a 03 xterra to a 11 frontier pro 4x. I'm having an issue connecting my phone to the blue tooth. I've called the dealer I got it from and they were no help. I called the nissan dealer but was told I should contact where I got it from (even tho they aren't a nissan dealer) and they should be able to help. He did suggest that maybe it needed to be reset so I was thinking of disconnecting the power for awhile and seeing what happens. I'm also starting to believe my galaxy s8 might not be compatible. So when setting up the blue tooth I follow the prompts as far as finding the car on my blue tooth on the phone and submitting the "Passover of 1234 and after this is prompts me to name the phobe. After that tho it won't comprehend or even seem like it's trying to listen. Doesn't matter what I say it just goes quiet until I cancel the connection. Anyone had this problem?

#4 ·
Yes, mine :) works on my 2016 np. I had a problem with one of the bluetooth settings not sticking (sent from my truck or some other autoreply nonsense). I had to turn the radio off, press and hold #1 preset and spin the volume dial until the diagnostic menu came up (30 clicks or so, just keep spinning, didnt make a diff on the direction for mine), then reset the radio from there. You'll lose all of your presets, but so what. Give that a try.

#5 ·
Thanks I'll have to give that a try. Mine is a 2011. It's strange tho. When you go on the Bluetooth website that shows compatibility of phone with vehicles and i select the frontier the years show up and it slips from 2010 to 2013. When I talked to the lady on the phone from nissan she got to that point and gave up saying my truck must not have Bluetooth (it clearly does) upon looking at my carfax the radio was replaced by the dealer before it was sent to auction out this way after being traded in by the previous owner.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.