Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue with their Head Unit. When I connect my music through bluetooth, the song titles no longer appear, my skip, pause and play functions no longer work on the unit as well as on the steering wheel.

If I change over to FM radio all functions work again. I have unpaired both my phone and the radio and re-paired them to no luck. I cannot seem to find any factory reset on the RF unit like specified on the regular head units.

Does anyone know what else I could do to possibly fix this. The last thing I want to do is swap in a new Head unit and then having to figure out the wiring to make it all work with the stock sub..

Thanks everybody. any info is helpful.

Cheers,

Mitch

·
Registered
2019 Frontier SV KC 2WD V6 Auto
1,114 Posts
What year is your truck? Some 2018's and 2019's have a Nissan Technical Bulletin for bluetooth issues. I have attached it in case yours is a 2018 or 2019.

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What year is your truck? Some 2018's and 2019's have a Nissan Technical Bulletin for bluetooth issues. I have attached it in case yours is a 2018 or 2019.
Thank you for the quick reply. Sorry, I should have mentioned that my truck is a 2014.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Try pairing a different phone and see if the problem still happens with that radio. At least that way you know if the headunit is the issue - or the phone.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Your RF system allows audio over Bluetooth?! My 2012 doesn’t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your RF system allows audio over Bluetooth?! My 2012 doesn’t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, i have a 2014. Bluetooth audio came out around 2012 for vehicles and your truck was probably produced in 2011 for the 2012 year.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tried my wife's iPhone this morning and it works fine. The issue is with my android (galaxy S7) which is random. So music will play but no titles and skipping, pause or play don't work either. Steering wheel functions don't work as well... I'll have to see what gives with my phone as it used to work perfectly before.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Try unpairing, then re-pair your android phone.

·
Registered
2017 Pro-4X w/Luxury Package
957 Posts
Also, try a difft music app.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Same results, i tried both music apps again, podcast app and the YouTube app. Noise comes threw for all but no information on the screen and no controls available on the radio.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Omfg.. I got it working. I turned my phone off and back on and that fixed it.. Why i didn't try this in the first place? I dont know but yeah lesson learned lol!
Thanks to those who helped out.

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
13,815 Posts
If you click on your picture on the top right, then Account Settings, the very first option is Account Details, where you have an option to list your vehicle details, should you choose.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Frontier SV Crew Cab
15 Posts
This is what I was looking for! My 2019 has been doing this randomly. Radio just shuts off and restarts itself.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts