Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been thinking about a new 2018 Pro-4X and it's blue, are they still having problems with the blue flaking and peeling on the newer models? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2017 Pro-4X w/Luxury Package
957 Posts
Is the one you're looking at the electric blue? That's the color that serms to have problems on any vehicle not just Frontiers. If it's a dark blue should be zero issues.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I've had my Arctic Blue 2015 Desert Runner since June 2015 and have had no problems other than a few rock chips!! So far so good.

·
Premium Member
7,137 Posts
2015 was the most recent year Frontiers were offered in Metallic Blue (B17).

Arctic Blue Metallic (RBG) replaced Graphite Blue (QAK) - also in 2015.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've had my Arctic Blue 2015 Desert Runner since June 2015 and have had no problems other than a few rock chips!! So far so good.
Looks good in arctic blue.

I went silver at last minute (finish holding up well so far). Less flash, but pretty much never have to wash.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have a 2007 brand new majestic blue garage kept with 37k miles....I had the roof repainted after 5-6 years after purchase, the roof gutters were peeling and rusting.....My hood edges are peeling and held together by touch up paint, the front fenders edge next to the doors is peeling and also held in tact by touch up paint....

Nissan crap paint, thin as hell also in the door wells, I keep my truck nice, the color is fabulous but it does have issues no matter how well you wash and wax...

·
Super Moderator
11,284 Posts
whats the deal with the blue color issues?
My friend is a chemist who worked in the Paint industry and when you ask a question the answer flies over my head. I asked him does blue paint have an issue with adhesion compared to other colors and short answer is yes. The full chemical makeup and complete answer lost me in the long explanation. As much as I like blue I skipped electric blue and all the blues since it.

Clint

·
Registered
994 Posts
hmm ok, but blue is like a top 3 color for many vehicles, including Tesla, I've never heard of issues with a specific color. Is that the issue though? people with blue Nissans the color peels off some how?

·
Super Moderator
11,284 Posts
hmm ok, but blue is like a top 3 color for many vehicles, including Tesla, I've never heard of issues with a specific color. Is that the issue though? people with blue Nissans the color peels off some how?
One would think paints are the same except for the pigment, I still don’t understand how the color affects it.

Clint

·
Registered
58 Posts
Mine is metallic blue and a huge chunk of paint flaked off the front bumper. Didn't realize it was a known issue

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
One would think paints are the same except for the pigment, I still don’t understand how the color affects it.

Clint
Color has an effect on other things as well. I remember watching a show on leather testing one of the major leather manufacturers for motorcycle suits does. They had this little machine that held pieces of leather in various colors on one side and adjacent to the leather was a plate that held what was effectively sand paper and they used this to simulate how the leathers would hold up in a slide. Inevitably, one color, I seem to recall red dyed leather, always had less abrasion resistance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts