Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

This weekend the blower on my 2006 Frontier Nismo started working sporadically. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. When it does work, it works on all speed settings and the air blows cold. Just like normal. When it is not working there still seems to be a very soft current(less than the 1 setting) coming from the vents. I really would like to avoid the dealer on this one and I was unable to find any threads that had this exact problem. Any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I'd check the power plug to the blower motor. It's behind the glove compartment. Look up behind there w/a flashlight and you should be able to see it. Might have to pull the g.c.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update

So while driving the truck this morning the blower came on while on a setting of 4 and only 4. The air current was not strong and it sounded very sick with a light, thump, thump, thump kind of sound. From the other threads that I have read this seems to be more of a resistor issue. Any thoughts?

All the wires and plugs appear to be plugged in. Thanks for that troubleshooting idea.

·
Registered
90 Posts
In my experience almost always if the blower/fan works "all or nothing" it's the resistor. Fairly cheap and easy to fix though...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts