Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 03 Frontier Supercharged SE recently overheated while pulling my trailer up a long hill and the coolant overflow tank spewed liquid all over. Since then, my blinkers stopped working. Headlights and breaklights work fine. Checked the fuse for "Turn Signals" and even tried replacing it with a spare and it didn't do the trick. Highly doubt it's a bulb problem since it's both signals at one time. Any suggestions??
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
3,188 Posts
This is from the factory service manual for "turn signals and hazards not working":

Possible causes:
-7.5A fuse
-10A fuse
-Hazard switch
-Combination flasher unit
-Open in combination flasher unit circuit

Repair order:
1) Check the 7.5A fuse (#2 in the fuse block). Turn ignition switch "on" and verify positive battery voltage at terminal 2 of the hazard switch.
2) Check 10A fuse (#17 in the fuse block). Verify positive battery voltage at terminal 3 of the hazard switch.
3) Check hazard switch.
4) Refer to the combination flasher check.
5) Check wiring to combination flasher unit for an open circuit.

·
Super Moderator
3,188 Posts
If you have no experience in auto electrical work, the job may be best left to a repair shop. You'll need a 12v test light, multimeter and wiring diagrams, which can be found in the factory service manual. Factory service manuals can be found online at sites like NissanHelp.com or NicoClub.com. Electrical symbols and how to read wiring diagrams can be found in the beginning of the service manual. If auto electric is something you're interested in, you may want to look into a basic auto electric class at an adult vocational school or community college.

·
Super Moderator
10,424 Posts
If you only checked the one fuse now look at the second location.

Clint

1 - 5 of 5 Posts