Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I would like to update everyone on the BlendMount for the ScanGauge ll.

BlendMount is NOW available at a group buy price of $45 regardless of quantity sold... Coupon code "NISSANGB" in our online store.
http://www.nexternal.com/mgt/product101

There are two different size mirrors in the Nissan trucks, a 3/4" diameter linkage and a 7/8" diameter linkage. To confirm which size you have, be sure to do the "nickel test"

Place a nickel on the side of the linkage. If the nickel is larger then the linkage (shown above) you have a 3/4" diameter linkage (heads). If the nickel is the same size as the linkage (shown below) you have a 7/8" daimeter linkage (tails).

The 7/8" diameter collars were completed ahead of schedule. I picked them up Saturday and went straight to the Nissan dealer to install on a 2007 Titan. I dropped them off at anodizing today and will be ready Wednesday.

Be sure to call 707-585-1175 or shoot Mike an email [email protected] if you have any questions at all.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
looks great! maybe one day i'll get one, flip it upside down and attach a small monitor to it...

·
Registered
331 Posts
I just tried to order one and the coupon code doesn't work.
I'll try again tomorrow during the day. I'll call then if it doesn't work.
I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a scangaugeII, but I don't think the supplied wire is long enough to run it up to that mounting location. Of course I could just buy another patch cord because they're cheap, but will this mount work with the originally supplied cord?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
frontexer said:
I have a scangaugeII, but I don't think the supplied wire is long enough to run it up to that mounting location. Of course I could just buy another patch cord because they're cheap, but will this mount work with the originally supplied cord?
The blendmount comes with a longer cable and coupler.

knocker said:
:confused: I thought GB was going to be thru socalmotorsport.com so we can use $10 credit towards the mount?:confused:
Nope, I posted about this earlier in another thread. Mike who owns Blendmount wants it to go directly through him since this is a brand new product. He wants to be able to be here to answer any questions and make sure everything goes smoothly.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I just tried again....it worked.
I can't wait to get it.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I just ordered mine and the discount code worked. Looking forward to getting it and getting my ScanGuage up where I can easily see it!

·
Registered
229 Posts
$45 seems kinda steep!

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
I Agree it's a little much for a mount. The production amount of anything has a lot to do with it's price, so maybe its just not massed produced. In any case i don't think it would fit on my mirror anyway & thinking about it more i think just above the steering wheel will be great for me. It will cover up the odometer, but who cares being the Scangegauge has one of it's own.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
GKreamer said:
$45 seems kinda steep!
the normal price is $60.

dcobb said:
I Agree it's a little much for a mount. The production amount of anything has a lot to do with it's price, so maybe its just not massed produced. In any case i don't think it would fit on my mirror anyway & thinking about it more i think just above the steering wheel will be great for me. It will cover up the odometer, but who cares being the Scangegauge has one of it's own.
This is a brand new product - it's only been out for a month... Price is gonna be a little high at first to recoup the development costs. Regardless, it's a great product, and there is nothing else available similar to it. It really gives it a great factory look. And, it should fit with your mirror. I think the old Frontier's have the 3/4" linkage.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Does that normal $60.00 price include the cable and coupler? On the SoCal web site it looked like the cable was an optional item and cost an additional $20.00. So, looking at it that way, $45.00 is a pretty good price for a coustom made mount!

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
agtitan06 said:
...it should fit with your mirror. I think the old Frontier's have the 3/4" linkage.
I'll recheck, but i thought in addition to the linkage thickness you also had to have enough clearance for the scangauge to fit between the glass & mirror, I tried pulling mine all the way down as far as it would go and though it would be a real tight fit. You may be right though it may work.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
dcobb said:
I'll recheck, but i thought in addition to the linkage thickness you also had to have enough clearance for the scangauge to fit between the glass & mirror, I tried pulling mine all the way down as far as it would go and though it would be a real tight fit. You may be right though it may work.
well, it comes out a bit away from the mirror. It looks like a tight fit, but it should fit.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
UPS lost my BlendMount! According to the UPS website, it was supposed to be delivered yesterday but it never arrived. When I checked the UPS website this morning the last entry was an arrival scan in IL three days ago! I've contacted Mike and MGT MotorSports, so hopefully they'll rattle UPS' cage and find out what happened to it!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
05_NISMO_4X4 said:
UPS lost my BlendMount! According to the UPS website, it was supposed to be delivered yesterday but it never arrived. When I checked the UPS website this morning the last entry was an arrival scan in IL three days ago! I've contacted Mike and MGT MotorSports, so hopefully they'll rattle UPS' cage and find out what happened to it!
That happened to me too...mine was delayed because of weather..I called UPS and they told me they didn't know where it was...but then it arrived about an hour later!

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Well, maybe I'll get lucky and it's waiting for me at home! I was hoping it would arrive so I could install it this weekend!

Well, I still haven't seen anything from UPS, but I did get a great e-mail response from Frank at MGT MotorSports! Unfortunately, UPS treated him with the same sense of urgency they did me... NONE! Although I do think with both ends bugging them, they should feel a little pressure to find it and get it to me! Afterall, I did do most of it for them already, I did let them know it arrive in IL, what happened to it between there and IN is anyone guess!

·
Registered
150 Posts
As far as the 1st gen frontier with the blendmount like dcobb was talking about above, there is barely any clearance for mine. My map lights are in the way. I think for it to work, I'm going to have to bend the mount slightly. No big deal for me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts