Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

I have a black 2016 Frontier King Cab, and want to get running boards/nerf bars for it. I am torn between going chrome or black. I think chrome would look good, it would be more visible and would show off the other chromed parts (rear bumper, grille, etc), but the black would blend in with the black truck and be less "showy" I guess is the best way to put it.

Those of you with black Frontiers - what color did you choose for your nerf bars/running boards?

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
If you plan on keeping chrome accents...go chrome, otherwise, black. In the end, however, it's your truck, so you gotta like the look ;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you plan on keeping chrome accents...go chrome, otherwise, black. In the end, however, it's your truck, so you gotta like the look ;)
I can visualize both looking good, and I do plan to keep the chrome accents. I think the chrome grille and rear bumper look nice. The wife wants black bars, so that's probably the way we will go. Just wondering if anyone has a black truck with chrome bars - how does it look in person?

·
Rogue Admin
13,354 Posts
This is a forum, you are asking for opinion, so here is mine: I don't like chrome on trucks. I like black. A lot. Black everything. black, black, black, black, black.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Here are mine

Sent from my iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

·
Super Moderator
10,430 Posts
Me, I'd pick whatever my wife doesn't want. They tend not to suggest things, they expect their way. You, get whatever keeps the peace at your home. Black will look good.
You had to see the look on my wife's face when she saw I spent $55,000 on my Challenger SRT and it was in her side of the garage when she got home. She calmed down after an hour, had I said I wanted to buy it, there would have been a battle. Better to ask forgiveness than permission.

Clint

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Not a fan of the murdered-out look - Gotta have at least a little flash for contrast.

If the side profile of my truck was already totally black, I'd probably go with chrome.

Otherwise, black it is.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
I use to spend a fortune sending my motorcycle parts to the chrome shop.
When we started racing it was polish aluminum and anodizing.
Carried over to the Frontier. Just don't care for much chrome.
Me, I would go with black.

·
Registered
193 Posts
i had black westins on the last black one, im going black DOM this go around on the 17. Black all the way around, murdered out

I use to spend a fortune sending my motorcycle parts to the chrome shop.
When we started racing it was polish aluminum and anodizing.
Carried over to the Frontier. Just don't care for much chrome.
Me, I would go with black.
boy, that would make a sick rally truck

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Anodizing is relatively cheap and can be done almost in unlimited colors.
My truck is a desert truck but will be entered for the NORRA rally in April.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,877 Posts
LOL the murdered out peeps always have to respond whenever someone says "not a fan" haha

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
He did ask for opinions.
Man, if I posted what I am not a fan off. Maybe I will post something in off topic like
"I am not a fan of".

·
Registered
133 Posts
So, had I been the one to actually put the bars on my truck - I would have chosen black. However, mine have a fair amount of black rubber on them so it's better than nothing. Eventually, I may get a would hair and replace them. I think the chrome/black look alright on mine because mine is decaled up. I am a fan of the "murdered" out look if it's done right. All the ones I've seen on here look pretty sweet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 27 Posts