Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I received a brown box with these two black things in it and some pieces of paper. So this morning I decided to throw them on the truck. I must say i like how it turned it but i need to do something with the rear.

the things that i received.

before.

installed with stock brake lines

installed with new brake lines

back on the ground.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Nice!

I wants me some.... :(

·
Registered
550 Posts
Looks really good, :goodjob: I'd recommend some variable shackles, AALs or a combo of the aforementioned from PRG plus some longer shocks for the rear.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
My mind went straight to the gutter.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nice, I just got my spindles and other stuff this past weekend. How did your install go?

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you, thank you for eveyones kind words.

Install was cake, took me 2 hours by myself with only hand tools cuz i didnt want to wake the neighbors with air. Hardest part is getting the ball joints and tie rods free. You seriously need an alignment afterwords.

Im planning on doing the 10 leaf pack from prg with some hand fab shackles. As for the shocks I'd like to run some of the radflows with the piggybacks.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
now lower the rear a few more inches and cut a hole in the floorboard to see out of

·
Registered
644 Posts
Sweet man! Finally got 'em! Like the widened stance up front? I love my spindles. Get the rear a little higher and you're set. I've been sitting here staring at your pictures wondering why your front end is higher than mine...then i remembered you have lift coils/struts lol

Have you gotten an alignment yet? I had to end up cutting just a tiny bit of my passenger side tie rod. I road around without it cut for a while, but found out the only way to get a decent alignment was to have my steering wheel crooked....so i ended up cutting off 1/4 of an inch of the passenger side tie rod.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Hey SuperBlack08 ju headin' up to Sac. this weekend?

Need to have a 4x2s represent. lol

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
HAHA, yea i can see the road. I cant really see much out of my review mirror though. I have to tilt my head down an look to see a good ways back. Other then that everythings fine. I got my alignment done and was able to get toe just fine. Its the caster and camber that or horrible. One because i dont have cams on the left side, and for some reason couldnt get caster to measure out on the right side.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
dude i have a set of cam bolts for one side sittin in my shop i got from greg but didnt need if u need them and can wait till sunday we can work somethin out

·
Registered
299 Posts
oooh yeah i like it. mines sits higher in the front too, but i like it that way. check out my avatar.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Joey, your truck looks good. Im going to keep the front a little higher because i like that look, but try and keep it to around 2 inches or so, because four inch difference is nuts.

Nismo5 just give me a price that you want for them, I have no problem waiting till sunday since my alignment is fine for right now. But id like to get some in asap.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
prg wants $50 for four bolts how bout $20 for two and look on the bright side greg is gone till the 22nd i think so this will be a little faster unless u got somewhere local u can buy from

·
Registered
97 Posts
Looks great wolfman. Lots of adjustability with the shackles Greg sells. I had mine maxed out before the AAL's and with 6 inches of lift in front it was almost level.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts