Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I looked into this issue on the forum it seemed to be affecting blue trucks most commonly. Here it is on my black truck. Front fender, driver's side. The paint failure is tracking back along the bend. Purchased brand new, 2011 model year, 30,800 miles, is parked outside. Body shop's only theory was a small chip that allowed moisture under the paint. They want to remove and repaint the complete fender to repair and address anything other hidden issues that haven't surfaced yet. Would there be any value in pursuing anything with Nissan? I'm thinking not because of the age of the truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
605 Posts
I doubt Nissan would be of much help due to the age of your Frontier. You could ask. It may be better to just get it repaired.

·
Registered
129 Posts
So when I looked into this issue on the forum it seemed to be affecting blue trucks most commonly. Here it is on my black truck. Front fender, driver's side. The paint failure is tracking back along the bend. Purchased brand new, 2011 model year, 30,800 miles, is parked outside. Body shop's only theory was a small chip that allowed moisture under the paint. They want to remove and repaint the complete fender to repair and address anything other hidden issues that haven't surfaced yet. Would there be any value in pursuing anything with Nissan? I'm thinking not because of the age of the truck.
I have a similar issue with my 2011. Someone recently tried to take there's back to nissan with no luck. Let me know the cost of the fender being repainted if you know it as i was looking into it as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My first quote was for $567. This is for removing the fender and doing a complete strip and refinish.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have a 2012 blue frontier . This same thing started on my driver side , 6 months to a year later and now it's starting on my passenger side . I contacted Nissan and they wouldn't cover it because they said they'd only cover it if there was a whole of rust all the way through the sheet metal .

·
Registered
197 Posts
It only gets worse lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
Wow....$567 just for one fender
strip the area with a paint stripper brush, throw some por15 on the bare metal, polish it and top coat it. ~60 bucks or less for everything and it doesn't look that bad if you take your time.

I could understand wanting it to look perfect, but man that's a ton of money for something that's probably just going to happen to the other fender soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts