Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all,

i have been looking for black headlights that aren't halo LED, dont want the lens to be black but i want the backing to be black to go with my taillights.

i have searched all over and have had no luck, i did see someone had a post for 1st gen that they baked, pulled apart, painted, etc..... and really dont feel comfortable with doing that (in case i F it up)

any suggestions to where to find or look?

THANKS

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
No clue, but if you find them, let me know. I've been looking for almost 2 years now. I would like all the chrome inside the lens to be black(except the reflective part duh). I cant bring myself to use the diy method either.

·
Registered
192 Posts
theres always the rvinyl.com style tint. id like a tint piece for the side blinkers/reflectors and to cover up most of the chrome but have no film over the reflector. I only wanna have to see chrome if im looking the truck straigt on when my lights are off

·
Registered
644 Posts
There aren't any black headlights besides the ebay halo/projector headlights. Your only option is painting them if you want OEM style with black housings....and yes, you will have to bake them in the oven and pull them apart.
Nizmo4x2 has a good write up on this. However, I don't know of anyone who has done this with 2009-2010 headlights.

How To: Blacked Out Headlights
^ CLICK ^

·
Registered
398 Posts
Baking apart the head lights is nerve racking the first time, but it's not bad. Just go slow and if the glue really starts to fight you, put it back in the over for a minute or two.

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm willing to try this (somewhat nervously) because i really want them done.

should i follow the 1st gen write up as to how or can someone please explain the different steps & precautions/tools and stuff i need and as to how long this should take?

i have rustoleum flat back & painters tape or should i use a high heat type of paint ?

i have a somewhat free weekend (gonna install my Rampage baja bar & Shrockworks dif. cover saturday) - is this something that could be done in a few hours or is this an all day project?

THANKS IN ADVANCE :)

·
Registered
644 Posts
Did you even read my post? :wtf:
Click the link i posted. There's all the info you need to know about painting headlights on a 2nd gen.

Do it right the first time and work carefully. It took me a day and a half total which was taking them off the truck, baking, prep and painting, re-baking and re-installation...but you could probably do it in 6-8 hours (including paint drying time).

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
blackout - no i didnt read the link, i was in work on my lunch break and trying NOT to get caught on 1 of my favorite sites !

gonna read & print it out now & hopefully have success

THANKS !

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
also there are no headlight options on the market for the 09+ style front end so its a DIY any way

1 - 10 of 10 Posts