Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been looking & looking for solid black wheels for my 2005 Nissan frontier black, Nismo. I ordered the 5" Calmini lift kit as well as tires. I'm looking for a 17" wheel 8-9" wide, 4-5.5 backspacing. I found these that show 6 lug 4.5 (114.3) bolt pattern. Does anyone know if there avaiable or what website to buy them from?

ATX FUEL B TEFLON
(Series AX3916)
one piece aluminum painted

- American Racing: Official Manufacturer Website- custom, chrome, polished and painted wheels

Thanks alot!

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
I dunno, it looks like the spokes would hit the brakes. The wheels are only +25 offset.

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
Looking at the specs of the wheel I don't really think it will fit; too much backspacing/not enough offset. If you can find a picture of the back of the wheel I can probably tell if it will clear the calipers or not. I have had a lot of experience lately:)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
What about this wheel? Seems to be better i think? They have it in stock. I would have to do a 1" wheel adapter to convert to 6 lug 5.5 bolt pattern though. Company that sells it said will work. I dont know.

Planning on doing a 5" Calmini lift kit, 33.3" tall x 11.7" wide tire with this wheel. What do you think?

Here's the Wheel;

ATX AX181 ARTILLERY TEFLON
(Series AX1816)

AX18179068612N 17x9 -12 offset, 4.53 backspacing, 6x139.7 (6X5.5)

American Racing: Official Manufacturer Website- custom, chrome, polished and painted wheels

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
What about this wheel? Seems to be better i think? They have it in stock. I would have to do a 1" wheel adapter to convert to 6 lug 5.5 bolt pattern though. Company that sells it said will work. I dont know.

Planning on doing a 5" Calmini lift kit, 33.3" tall x 11.7" wide tire with this wheel. What do you think?

Here's the Wheel;

ATX AX181 ARTILLERY TEFLON
(Series AX1816)

AX18179068612N 17x9 -12 offset, 4.53 backspacing, 6x139.7 (6X5.5)

American Racing: Official Manufacturer Website- custom, chrome, polished and painted wheels
wrong lug pattern, you could run adapters but the wheels would stick out of the fenders about 2.5"-3"s after adapters.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya i know it's the wrong bolt pattern. That why im planning on doing a 1" adapter to a 6 x 5.5. So the spokes and evertyhing would clear the brakes? It would really stick out that far? Is there anything bad using adapters? Other then sticking out, the rim would work for sure though?

Thanks

Vince

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Looking at the specs of the wheel I don't really think it will fit; too much backspacing/not enough offset.
Really? I was think it was just right for a 17"

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Ya i know it's the wrong bolt pattern. That why im planning on doing a 1" adapter to a 6 x 5.5. So the spokes and evertyhing would clear the brakes? It would really stick out that far? Is there anything bad using adapters? Other then sticking out, the rim would work for sure though?

Thanks

Vince
you can fit tons of wheels with a spacer. The first wheels you looked at would fit with a spacer. The spacer would make sure the spokes clear the brakes.

And you can not run a 1" spacer on our trucks. Our studs are just over an inch long. You will want to run 1.25" spacers.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well thats good to know I need a 1.25" spacer.

Is there any negatives using adapters?

I'm only looking to do a 17" wheel. Do you know some nice looking wheels in either in all black, black/chrome, or all chrome that fit our bolt pattern & that would be a good chance in stock?

If using a adapter what wheels would you perfer, Its black truck?

What offset range & backspacing range does it need the wheel need to be?

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts