Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 SV Frontier 4X4 currently with SPC UCA's and a rough country 2.5" top mount spacer lift/level with 1.5" shackles in the rear. I recently purchased the adjustable Bilstein 5100's for the front.

So with being said i am looking to get at least 3 inches of lift in the front and then level out the rear. Is it better to keep the spacer and set the Bilsteins on the .5" setting or get a smaller spacer and step up the Bilstein's to say 1.5" or 2"?

Any other options to combine with the 5100's is also welcome. Thanks

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1.5" spacer and bils set to 1.5.
I am also a little confused on the bump stops, do i need them or not? and can you explain why i would or would not need them

·
Premium Member
5,877 Posts
Bump stops on the OEM UCA keep it from banging on the coil bucket at full extension -CBC, a.k.a. "Coil Bucket Contact", see the 4th question in the Suspension Sticky here (read the whole thing, you'll learn a lot):

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f26/updated-suspension-lifts-body-lifts-2005-please-read-before-posting-here-63966/

Since you're looking to go over a 2" lift, CBC is definitely possible. So either you use the bump stops to help absorb impact when the UCA does contact the coil bucket, or you don't use them and hear a nice clang noise when they make contact.

Note that if you want to go above 2" lift you should consider aftermarket UCAs which don't have CBC and allow you to get the front end alignment dialed in.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Bump stops on the OEM UCA keep it from banging on the coil bucket at full extension -CBC, a.k.a. "Coil Bucket Contact", see the 4th question in the Suspension Sticky here (read the whole thing, you'll learn a lot):

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f26/updated-suspension-lifts-body-lifts-2005-please-read-before-posting-here-63966/

Since you're looking to go over a 2" lift, CBC is definitely possible. So either you use the bump stops to help absorb impact when the UCA does contact the coil bucket, or you don't use them and hear a nice clang noise when they make contact.

Note that if you want to go above 2" lift you should consider aftermarket UCAs which don't have CBC and allow you to get the front end alignment dialed in.
I have SPC UCA's I was just curious if i still needed the bump stops as i have done some research and got conflicting answers.

·
Premium Member
5,877 Posts
I have SPC UCA's I was just curious if i still needed the bump stops as i have done some research and got conflicting answers.
Are your SPC's hitting the coil bucket? if not, then you don't need them.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there anything else i need to buy to protect the shocks/cv's? After re reading the lift sticky i got in to the travel numbers post from PRG and it kind of confused me about the 5100's/SPC UCA/spacer lift and the truck self destructing via droop and compression. Sorry for all of the questions but i am kind of new to the inner workings of offroad trucks. I just want something of decent quality that i can have a little fun with and not have to fork out more money for uneducated choices/decisions

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
Is there anything else i need to buy to protect the shocks/cv's? After re reading the lift sticky i got in to the travel numbers post from PRG and it kind of confused me about the 5100's/SPC UCA/spacer lift and the truck self destructing via droop and compression. Sorry for all of the questions but i am kind of new to the inner workings of offroad trucks. I just want something of decent quality that i can have a little fun with and not have to fork out more money for uneducated choices/decisions
Not upper control arm bump stops. Bottom out bumps located on the the LCA. You will probably need them. The 5100 are even longer than the 4600. They will crush on full compression with the stock bumps.
This is jsut from what I have read on the prg site. I can only confrim that the 5100 are long.

Would be better to go for the 1" spacer and the set the 5100 on 1.5". But then you won't get your 3". Better this way.

·
Premium Member
5,877 Posts
Well I was talking about CBC, then OP mentioned he had SPC UCAs, so I figured OP was asking about UCA bump stops ::smile::

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not upper control arm bump stops. Bottom out bumps located on the the LCA. You will probably need them. The 5100 are even longer than the 4600. They will crush on full compression with the stock bumps.
This is jsut from what I have read on the prg site. I can only confrim that the 5100 are long.

Would be better to go for the 1" spacer and the set the 5100 on 1.5". But then you won't get your 3". Better this way.
How much taller would the aftermarket LCA bumps need to be if i went 1.5spacerx1.5bilstein?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Following up on this post. I plan to do this same type of lift this weekend. SPC UCA, 2" spacer and Bils adjustable shock. I have everything minus one shock :(

I intend to level my front end up to my custom leaf pack. probably somewhere between 1/2 ton & 3/4 ton suspension.

Did everything go smoothly? If so, how's the ride?

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Following up on this post. I plan to do this same type of lift this weekend. SPC UCA, 2" spacer and Bils adjustable shock. I have everything minus one shock :(

I intend to level my front end up to my custom leaf pack. probably somewhere between 1/2 ton & 3/4 ton suspension.

Did everything go smoothly? If so, how's the ride?
How did it go for you i'm at crossed roads right now i and in need of some advice

Q1: How was the ride with the spacers and the 5100 ?
Q2: What settings did you try?
Q3: Do you get CBC?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts