Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So im sure a lot of you have some bilstein shocks and a 3" lift, so I wanted to ask
what part number your shock is before I order mine.

Front Shocks, Btw.

Bilstein's Website Lists for stock
BE3-6420-HO
B46-1099-H2
and
B46-1099-H1 for 2wd lifted 3"

Im looking for a more "on road" application. My stock fronts are gabriel ultra with 20K+ on them, they suck.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just installed some AC 3" lift upper control arms over the last couple days (since you wouldn't sell me yours :) ) so I've been doing the shock search as well. From what I've seen I'm not sure whether or not the Bilsteins will fit, but I don't know because I wasn't able to find measurements for them. If they are for a lifted 6 cylinder they probably won't. Since nobody seems to offer a shock for our lifted 4 bangers I went ahead and loosened up the torsion bar and checked the width on the mounting points at full compression and full droop. I discovered that I need a shock with a maximum compression length of 10" and a minimum extended length of 14.5". I do have low profile bump stops though so if you don't, you probably won't need quite 14.5". I'm in a pinch and have to get the truck ready to drive tomorrow afternoon so I'm just going to buy some cheap Monroes from the local O'Reillys. I found two part numbers that should work for me: 32336 and 32249. If you figure anything out on those Bilsteins let me know cause I'll probably want to get something better down the road.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I went ahead and ordered the B46-1099-H1 ones from shockwarehouse, should arive this week some time. How are the low profile bump stops? From the website I looked at with them, the low profiles were 11/16" and the ultra lows were 3/8" but to me the stock ones look hardly over 1/2" ? I'll update on how it goes.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If I remember right, mine are the ultra lows from 4x4parts. Because of where they are in relation to the arm it gave me an extra 1/2" or so of droop, maybe a little more.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will have to pick some up then, just to help with travel, not to go higher...yet :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts