Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all,

Just wanted to get some opinions of good shocks to replace the factory ones. Mine are worn out and time to replace. I'm looking at the Bilstein 4600 series. My truck is stock height and 4x4 (not the pro4x). I do go off road occasionally, but nothing extreme. What do you recommend?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Reactions: Blue Devil

·
Registered
89 Posts
I think 5100s are a good option. They give you the choice to add a little lift in the front if you choose and still have a ride that's pretty much stock.
Just remember you may need camber bolts once you start lifting the front

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,772 Posts
If you are looking for a direct stock replacement, go with KYB GR2/Excels. If you want to upgrade and not change the ride height, KYB Gas-a-justs and Bilstein 4600s are good options, but you will likely need to use some of the original hardware at the front struts. That's the problem I and some others ran into when replacing the front struts. If you want to do it yourself and don't want to get involved in messing with the coil springs, Monroe Quick-struts is another option.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I will also recommend the bilstein 5100's all the way around. I'm only somewhat happy with mine on the 1.5" setting but other than that they are fantastic shocks and a bit of an upgrade over the stock pro-4x 4600 bilsteins.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts