Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im overseas and was wondering if i order from our local bilstein dealer the same 5125 series as prg (pardon me greg :>), what part number do i need?
what the difference from the 5100 series?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
398 Posts
For the front you would use the 5100 series. The back is a little trickier, have you lifted the truck at all? If not, the 5100 will be the best bet because they are a bolt in swap. If you have lifted the truck, you will need the 5125's in the rear because they are longer. The issue with the 5125 series is diameter of the mounting eyes on either end are to big for the frontier bolts. You'll have to make a spacer to step them down to match the diamtere of the stock bolts. I hope that makes sense. If not let me know.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ryan / mustard
thanks for replying guys. i actually found the part numbers on the prg site.

yes the 5125s bushings are different front the stock one but they can be changed.

i got hold of the 5125 series today and was supposed to match it with my 2''AALs but upon inspection, they are firmer than the stock ones. my question now is will these really ride better than my stock shocks with deavers ? am running 285s by the way.

thanks again for the input guys..

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i know its a truck but would want to lessen my rears occasional choppy ride. it was fine with my stock shocks and two inch AALs and stock tires. things got a bit choppy with bigger tires (30psi)...

was hoping the bilsteins could improve the ride a bit, not to mention replace my stock shock now that they are short due to the AALs...

i backed off from getting the bilstein because they were firm when i manually tried to compress them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts