Nissan Frontier Forum banner
701 - 707 of 707 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Just bought a 2109 Pro-4x. After reading this thread, I am going to put the LD coils up front and 1.5" shackles in the back. I like the rake look.

When yall say new cam bolts, you are talking about adjustable lower control arm bolts?
Idk how you managed to get a 2109, but $20 says it still hasn't been redesigned :ROFLMAO:

Sorry for the useless post but i couldn't resist.

·
Registered
33 Posts
How does this effect the downtravel? Thinking about doing the 5100 with the ome607 LD coils but curious about how much downtravel you have with this kind of combination

·
Registered
926 Posts
How does this effect the downtravel? Thinking about doing the 5100 with the ome607 LD coils but curious about how much downtravel you have with this kind of combination
Whatever you gain in height you lose in down travel using stock UCAs. Your total travel stays the same, but you're starting with the suspension about halfway down in its travel.

·
Registered
2015 Nissan Frontier SV Crew Cab LWB 4x4
376 Posts
I ran this for a while. Ride is rough. Be aware of that...

OME coils work better with OME Nitrocharger shocks.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
I ran this for a while. Ride is rough. Be aware of that...

OME coils work better with OME Nitrocharger shocks.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I've read all of the stickied posts in the suspension page but I'm still a little confused i guess. Is it rough because of the coil/strut combo? The lift you get from it? Or a combination of the two?

My plan is to eventually titan swap my 2wd 2014 frontier and i know I'll need longer struts for that when i do the swap. But i was thinking this combo might work with stock titan uppers and lowers for a bit until i can get aftermarket uppers and better coilovers designed for a titan swap. At least well enough to learn about the process by doing it.

I usually go out to the desert to run around in the sand a couple times a year and want to do that more often with better capabilities.
I don't plan on taking it to the desert after the titan swap until i have the proper coilovers.

Sorry for asking questions that I'm sure have already been answered.

701 - 707 of 707 Posts