Nissan Frontier Forum banner
21 - 40 of 707 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
No UCA`s needed, 3inches easy with NO CB contact and more height available if you can figure out how to get your wheels aligned correctly. i paid $200 for the bills and $150 for the coils. Spring compressor is needed or you can pay a shop to do it, only takes 1hr per side.

I dont have any photos yet sorry, ill get some soon... but i have 950mm from ground to top of wheel arch on 265/75R16 BFG AT`s with a heavy steel bullbar up front.

How are people aligning their wheels with 3+ inches of lift?

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
No UCA`s needed, 3inches easy with NO CB contact and more height available if you can figure out how to get your wheels aligned correctly. i paid $200 for the bills and $150 for the coils. Spring compressor is needed or you can pay a shop to do it, only takes 1hr per side.

I dont have any photos yet sorry, ill get some soon... but i have 950mm from ground to top of wheel arch on 265/75R16 BFG AT`s with a heavy steel bullbar up front.

How are people aligning their wheels with 3+ inches of lift?
Did you buy camber bolts? They help to align the truck correctly.

Hmm, glad i came across this post. I've been trying to figure out a way to get the 2.5" spacer off my truck without losing any height. I'm at 4" right now with the 2.5" spacer and 1.5" bils.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Wow, thanks for the info....but what exactly would I need to get 2.5-3" in the front with these things? Could anyone give me a link? With the pro-4x's stock suspension I can still get this height over what I have now?

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Wow, thanks for the info....but what exactly would I need to get 2.5-3" in the front with these things? Could anyone give me a link? With the pro-4x's stock suspension I can still get this height over what I have now?
Yes you can get that lift with your stock stuff. My truck has all stock suspension with spacers on them. I don't have a link but will be using it as soon as it's posted!!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
i went with a spacer lift because i read that this was a bad idea (it was my original lift plan), guess those people were wrong. looks like this is gonna be going on when my shocks are pooched. thanks for the info, much appreciated. i would like to know if anyone is running this without a big bumper? i dont have one and dont have any plans to put one on in the near future

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
i went with a spacer lift because i read that this was a bad idea (it was my original lift plan), guess those people were wrong. looks like this is gonna be going on when my shocks are pooched. thanks for the info, much appreciated. i would like to know if anyone is running this without a big bumper? i dont have one and dont have any plans to put one on in the near future
There is a light duty spring ( https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/frontier-light-duty-front-coils-p-5932.html ) that could be used instead of the HD spring.

·
Registered
151 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
ugh... what do want to put spacers on?

·
Registered
151 Posts
ugh... what do want to put spacers on?
Money bro. My ~* PRO 4-x *~ has already got good enough suspension

Reactions: Bturner906

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
Can someone varify that this is the correct coil over? Its the one at the bottom right. Get 2 of these and my stock parts for the rest of it? Only says 2 inches tho... I need 3.

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/bilstein-ride-height-adjustable-p-5431.html

Thanks
That is it. You'll have to find another way to get the extra inch. From what I have read these shocks don't ride too nicely at 2" of lift. The .5" notch with the 1.5" springs would probably be a better idea.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Someone explain to me how it's possible to get more travel (not more lift), without coil bucket contact, without changing control arms or steering spindles.

You can get different height by installing spacers, taller shocks, cranking up your springs, etc, but the amount of total travel is determined by the spindle, right? You're not adding travel, you're just changing the starting point.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Someone explain to me how it's possible to get more travel (not more lift), without coil bucket contact, without changing control arms or steering spindles.

You can get different height by installing spacers, taller shocks, cranking up your springs, etc, but the amount of total travel is determined by the spindle, right? You're not adding travel, you're just changing the starting point.
unless you change control arms or stuff like that your droop will always be the same limited by the uca hitting the coil bucket. your correct for the most part you are just changing ride height, total full compressed to full droop travel remains the same. spacers alone will limit possible up travel. the adjustable bils and lift coils seem to be the best way to lift up to 3 in and get full travel without spending an arm and a leg for icon, king, or radflo coilovers and getting one of those coilovers is a bit of a waste if you don't have aftermarket uca to take advantage of their ability for more travel than the stock uca allows. if your sticking with stock uca and want more ground clearance and room for bigger tires the adjustable bils and lift coils seem like the best value for the every-so-often off roader at $350 for the set up (plus $65 for cam bolts if you dont have them) instead of spending $800 for radflos to seriously off road every few months or so and dd the rest of the time.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts

This will help explain how spacers effect you suspension in a negative way.
http://www.bilsteinus.com/leveling/ARTICLE.pdf

·
Registered
704 Posts
sounds like an educated sales pitch to me,i was thinking i was gonna get that 400.00
dollar kit from greg at prg,the one with the front spacers and blocks for the rear with the bill shocks,now i am reluctant to jump on anything,just want to raise it up a bit to stand out in the crowd,i have only taken it off road 2 times and only went up some sand hills did some donuts etc.
really dont want to damage the truck by changing the geometry of the suspension.
these things get expensive and i am married with children

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
$200 for the shocks that will give you a 2" lift.

21 - 40 of 707 Posts