Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Pro-4x
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m trying to decide between Nisstec MKII extended travel 2.0s and bilstein 6112s. The only reason I’m not yet sold on the 6112s is because it’s unclear to me if I can actually get more travel out of the 6112s. I’ve read/heard conflicting things on whether or not you can get more travel out of 6112s with aftermarket control arms, specifically whether or not the 6112s can actually extend farther into downtravel while maintaining uptravel. Has anyone with 6112s played around with spacers/bumpstops/UCAs to maximize travel and gotten anything over the stock 5.6” of travel? I essentially want to do with 6112s what @Nissan4Life did with 5100s: Bilstein b8 6112

If I can get extended travel out of the 6112s, then I’m pretty sure that’s what I want. If I can’t, then I need to decide if the bigger, hopefully smoother 6112 shock body is more important than the extended travel of the Nisstec 2.0s.
  • My main goal here is to be able to increase the speed that I can comfortably drive on dirt roads and fireroads.
  • I realize I could also go for a t-swap to achieve better performance, but I’m currently set on not wanting to increase the track width.
  • I'm probably avoiding the Radflos since a few folks have had issues with them and there are other options. Radflo - Buyer beware!

·
Registered
2019 Pro-4x
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any idea where the specs are published?

I can find 5100 numbers but not 6112.

The bilstein official material is not helpful: https://cart.bilsteinus.com/Portals/0/PDF/BILSTEINORCatalog2020_WEB.pdf

FWIW, 47-266711 is the model I need. I suppose if all else fails, I can try giving Bilstein a call.

·
Registered
2019 Pro-4x
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah, looks like Greg from PRG confirmed that the 5100 and 6112 are the same length (for the 47-266711 model at least).

I realize that shock piston travel does not equate linearly with actual travel, but the chart shows that the bilstein aftermarket shock travel is somewhere between the standard radflos and the extended radflos, which would make sense given what I've been reading.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
From the numbers I remember seeing, you are splitting hairs. The minor differences in travel will not be felt in use.
Now a long arm conversion, different story. But has its own issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts