Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made the decision a couple of weeks ago to go with a leveling kit (2.5" spacers in front, 1.5" blocks in back) based on a lot of research on this site. The truck has shocks that need replaced so my plan was to do the leveling kit and replace shocks at the same time with Bilstein 4600s. From all I have read, there shouldn't be much difference in quality or dampening between the two series of shocks. The big difference is the fact that the 5100s are adjustable and you can get the benefit of a small lift/leveling with one product.

Anyway, I made the decision to go with a kit and 4600s a while back and bought the leveling kit. I had to make a few different calls to 4wheelparts this week to place the order for the shocks (long story, but basically a gift card I was trying to use wasn't valid). Each time I called and mentioned what I was trying to buy, the sales reps REALLY pushed the 5100s. They told me it would be a MUCH better decision to scrap the leveling kit and just install 5100s, so the point that one of them took a tone with me like he was trying to make me sound like an idiot. I ordered the 4600s anyway >:D

Can someone with solid knowledge of the difference between 4600 and 5100s comment on why they would push the 5100s so hard?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts