Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
I know that there are a couple of guys on here using them, I have been thinking about it myself. You can only get 2'' lift out of them but from what I have been told you dont have to worry about the UCA & coil bucket contact with these. Other than that I dont know too much about them. Cheapest I could find them was around $300, but for that much you could do spacers as well. Just my $.02

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
I've been looking into using these when I level my truck as well. The best price I've found so far is $200 (shipped) from ajusa.com. Just figured I'd put that out there should you decide them, you could get a good deal.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, so if I install these I don't have to worry about UCA & coil bucket contact at all? I am afraid of coil bucket contact with spacers and don't want to f up my rear leaves with blocks. Do I need to swap out the front only or both front and rear? My main goal is to make the truck sit level. I am a light offroader.

·
Registered
874 Posts
if you go with 2" either with shocks or spacers there may be contact but alot less likely than going with 3" like I did at first. Either way there is always a possibility of contact depending on how much you flex it or how big the pothole is but 2" will get you level without touching the rear. On a side note I dont think blocks in the rear are going to really affect the leafs any more than just the normal sagging of the leafs over time. the leafs are weak and pathetic right from the factory.

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
x2 on what bimmernut said. You're going to run into the coil bucket issue either way unless you do aftermarket UCAs.

...I have an extra set sitting here that I am going to sell.
Send me a PM when you decide to sell, I'm very interested.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Its funny, but with these bilsteins and the CST Spindles, I seem to have just as much coil bucket clearance as before I ever touched the truck, go figure!
Have you tried jacking up the front to see if the control arm sits on the bucket?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Yeah, it does and did before any lift at all, I just walked out there and measured it and the clearance is about 2.5 inches while it is just sitting there. I cant b**** about that, when I had spacers on there was just about no clearance!

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Yeah, it does and did before any lift at all,
That doesn't make any sense. There is no way the control arm would touch the coil bucket on a stock truck.

·
Registered
874 Posts
When it was jacked up, with wheels on they touched, makes perfectly good sense to me and it never touched during driving only jacked up with tires on, remove the tires and no more contact due to the suspension loosing the extra weight.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.