Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Forum,
Does anyone have experience with the CST spindles and the process of it getting installed. What’s needed to get good alignment and any other issues occurred when performing this lift?

The Setup I’m piecing together:
Front/Rear 5100s Bilstein Shocks
Front Springs/top hats from AlldogsOffroad
1.5 rear “Add a Leaf” from AlldogsOffroad

Any info on the CST Spindle would be helpful. As I’m going to be pairing it up with the upper setup mentioned.
Thanks!

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
The CST spindle is a 4" lift. I would set the 5100 at stock height. Might want to consider some more lift in the rear to avoid some "bro lean". Also consider adding lower control arm camming bolts. This can help dial in your alignment for 0 degree camber and max positive caster.

Unless you are getting your 5100 "loaded" with the ADO springs and top hat, you can also just reuse your current.

Also are you the 4 cylinder 2wd or 6? Big difference on the suspension set up.

·
Premium Member
6,410 Posts
Joaquin's avatar appears to be a CC, so V6. The rest remains a mystery...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The CST spindle is a 4" lift. I would set the 5100 at stock height. Might want to consider some more lift in the rear to avoid some "bro lean". Also consider adding lower control arm camming bolts. This can help dial in your alignment for 0 degree camber and max positive caster.

Unless you are getting your 5100 "loaded" with the ADO springs and top hat, you can also just reuse your current.

Also are you the 4 cylinder 2wd or 6? Big difference on the suspension set up.
It’s the V6, currently I have the RC 2.5 lift kit on it. So it has the front spacer and rear shackle. I also do have the cam bolts from RC. I’m thinking of using the rear shackles and cam bolts on the new lift and just removing the front spacer. Do you recommend using the oem springs that came with the frontier if I’m going to be doing this setup with the 5100s and cst spindle?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It’s the V6, currently I have the RC 2.5 lift kit on it. So it has the front spacer and rear shackle. I also do have the cam bolts from RC. I’m thinking of using the rear shackles and cam bolts on the new lift and just removing the front spacer. Do you recommend using the oem springs that came with the frontier if I’m going to be doing this setup with the 5100s and cst spindle?
2wd as well

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
What year, how many miles. By now the OEM springs have probably sagged some so new springs might be a decent option. But the 5100 you can preload them some. I think it really comes down to work. If the all dogs option is already "loaded" can eliminate some work. Though if you have some experience compressing springs it is not that bad. The OE springs IMO are better than many of the stock replacement option .

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What year, how many miles. By now the OEM springs have probably sagged some so new springs might be a decent option. But the 5100 you can preload them some. I think it really comes down to work. If the all dogs option is already "loaded" can eliminate some work. Though if you have some experience compressing springs it is not that bad. The OE springs IMO are better than many of the stock replacement option .
2017 and about 37k miles on the truck. What about the CST spindles. Do you know anything about the install on those? I heard you have to cut the tie rods about 1/4. Is that really needed? Or is there anyway around that option

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
2017 and about 37k miles on the truck. What about the CST spindles. Do you know anything about the install on those? I heard you have to cut the tie rods about 1/4. Is that really needed? Or is there anyway around that option
OEM springs should be ok. NEver installed a set of these lift spindles. NEver heard of the need to cut down the tie rods. Seems like there should be enough adjustability in them.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OEM springs should be ok. NEver installed a set of these lift spindles. NEver heard of the need to cut down the tie rods. Seems like there should be enough adjustability in them.
Thanks for the suggestions man, helps a lot 👍

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
I am assuming that somehow there is not adjustability in the tie rod and even bottomed out the toe is still too far out. Doesn't seem likely, but If you do need to cut 1/4" off the threads it shouldn't be a big deal. Just make sure you have the lock nut on the threads before you cut, then you can back the nut off the fresh cut to clean up the threads. I am sure you will post more before it comes to this.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cool man, yeah I’ll post more after I get more parts to the suspension. I’m still waiting on some parts to come in and going to order some more at the end of the month and maybe the spindle by the end of next month. Let’s see how it goes

1 - 13 of 13 Posts