Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Frontier SV CC 4x4; 2018 Frontier SV KC 4x2
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Anyone running these front shocks, or know anything about em?

·
Premium Member
7,097 Posts
A lot of people are running these shocks, did you search the Suspension section?
Read the Suspension sticky as well, there's a lot of info on these shocks in there.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, that’s wish I’d seen that first. Guess I shoulda looked.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Reactions: Longbedlife

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've ran them for a while they weren't bad, had some bump steer but I think all frontier have bump steer

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
I've ran them for a while they weren't bad, had some bump steer but I think all frontier have bump steer
I don't have bump steer, surprised to hear that. It may be an alignment problem. Your best bet is to take it somewhere where an alignment will be done perfectly and not in the green. I've had oem suspension, added a spacer, swapped for extended radflos, now Titan swapped and have never experienced bump steer in this truck. So, interesting is all

·
Registered
73 Posts
I don't have bump steer, surprised to hear that. It may be an alignment problem. Your best bet is to take it somewhere where an alignment will be done perfectly and not in the green. I've had oem suspension, added a spacer, swapped for extended radflos, now Titan swapped and have never experienced bump steer in this truck. So, interesting is all
yea I got an alignment from a normal shop, might try a off road centered shop to align it.

but its all over thenewx and even here people complain about bump steer with the 5100 and I had it bad, it kinda went away when I got radflos

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
yea I got an alignment from a normal shop, might try a off road centered shop to align it.

but its all over thenewx and even here people complain about bump steer with the 5100 and I had it bad, it kinda went away when I got radflos
I'll check it out

·
Premium Member
7,097 Posts
I had 5100s, proper alignment, no bump steer.
Then I went to Kings, proper alignment, no bump steer.

FYI Don't always compare suspension things with an Xtrerra 1:1 because although the Frontier and Xterra share a lot of components, they don't always have them exactly in the same configuration i.e. our rear axle is under the leaf, the Xterra is over the leaf.

Bump steer is a result of suspension design and geometry, not swapping shocks. It can be complicated due to ball end locations, LCA position, UCA length, etc. etc.
OR it can also be as simple as a bad alignment with the incorrect toe direction. Makes me wonder if the Xterra steering link is in a top/bottom configuration, that would add bump steer the moment you lift... but I don't have an Xterra so I really don't care LOL

·
Registered
256 Posts
I’m running them with ADO lift springs and 1.5” AAL on the rear, rides just as good as stock, if not better with 285/75/16 bfg k02’s

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
Bump steer is a when the steering tie rods cycle with an arc that is different than the control arms. This is independent of the the shock/spring. If it doesn't happen with the stock coil over it wouldn't happen with the 5100. If you are getting weird bump steer issues, I would check that the lower control arm mounting bolts are not lose of mounted funny.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I'm running 5100s with ADO springs up front, it's a bang for the buck set up. I'm impressed, definitely not top of the line coilovers but a huge improvement over stock. Would recommend for budget-minded folks.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm running 5100s with ADO springs up front, it's a bang for the buck set up. I'm impressed, definitely not top of the line coilovers but a huge improvement over stock. Would recommend for budget-minded folks.
That’s pretty much what I wanted to know. What do you have in the back?

·
Registered
373 Posts
That’s pretty much what I wanted to know. What do you have in the back?
Springs off a '17 with airbags. The 17s have about 25K on them now and they are starting to droop and stink already. So now I need to come up with a better solution. I'm heavily debating General Springs heavy-duty model. I will add cradles for the airbags when I replace the springs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts