Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'd like to kill two birds with one stone and replace my shocks while doing a leveling kit. I have been reading about the differences between the Bilstein 5100s and 4600s and from what I gather, the main difference between the two is the 5100s are height adjustable so in essence you could use them as a front leveling kit to a degree. Unless directed otherwise by all of you, I'd like to go with a leveling kit like the ReadyLift and just do quality replacement shocks/struts. Will the 4600s work fine with the ReadyLift or do I need to use the 5100s for the increased ride height with the ReadyLift installed?

Thanks!

·
Registered
532 Posts
You'll get a better ride with the 5100's.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On or off road? From a few other threads, I read that the valving and internals are basically the same between them. Thanks for any info.

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts
Nothing wrong with doing the 4600 plus a spacer, but the better/cheaper solution would be to just get the 5100s and set them at or below 2". With the spacer you will get coil bucket contact, the 5100s won't let that happen. Besides that the 5100s may feel slightly firmer since you are adding preload to the spring for the lift. Honestly the best solution for what you want is 5100s set at 1" and a 1" lift spacer on top. This allows for a nice balance between ride quality and lift as you won't get coil bucket contact and the ride is the nearly the same if not better than factory. In case you weren't aware a 2" lift up front put the truck nearly level.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I did 5100s all the way around on my 2010. 1.5" set in front and 1" lift block in rear. Just run 265/75/16s on mine. Way better ride and handling than stock shocks in my opinion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts