Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who got Billet or mesh grill inserts on their Frontier? I'm looking for the 4 pieces...3 for the grill n 1 for the opening on the bumper. Would 2009-18 also fit on my 2019? I really wanna put something on the bumper opening to help protect the radiator..

·
Registered
593 Posts
I'm currently working on a flat black mesh style fitment for all 4 openings by customcargrills.com along with some custom lettering. I have an 07 in which they didn't have a lower grill fitment (yet) so I'm working with the designer on the lower grill fitment test as well as modifying the whole front grill in a current project. He's also open to testing with an 09+ for the lower grill fit as well as his version is "untested". If he can find one person to give him feedback on the untested 09 + and current beta product (which I'm testing) you will see a full set of 4 on his site soon covering 05 on up. Personally I don't like the billet look and prefer a mesh type look and his prices are very reasonable as well as his instructional videos are very thorough.

IMG_2812.jpg
IMG_4149.jpg
IMG_4108.jpg

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm currently working on a flat black mesh style fitment for all 4 openings by customcargrills.com along with some custom lettering. I have an 07 in which they didn't have a lower grill fitment (yet) so I'm working with the designer on the lower grill fitment test as well as modifying the whole front grill in a current project. He's also open to testing with an 09+ for the lower grill fit as well as his version is "untested". If he can find one person to give him feedback on the untested 09 + and current beta product (which I'm testing) you will see a full set of 4 on his site soon covering 05 on up. Personally I don't like the billet look and prefer a mesh type look and his prices are very reasonable as well as his instructional videos are very thorough.

View attachment 309406
View attachment 309405
View attachment 309407
I just ordered the 3 uppers. Would help out with the lower if needed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

View attachment 309406
View attachment 309405
View attachment 309407
That's great! I like that that look. Something different. I would help but I'm in Hawaii. Keep us posted!

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Whats the cost for the total 4 piece set? Is shipping included or extra?

·
Registered
663 Posts
I got a specialized quote as I was a beta tester for the lower grill. Less than $160 shipped for all with custom lettering.
Well damn, I reckon that's a good deal. From the photos I'm imagining the look will be great as well

·
Registered
326 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
No pics but it's simple. Remove upper grill for access, there are three tabs on the lower grill. One at each end and one on the bottom...insert grill to see where the tabs are...I put blue masking tape at those spots, put the grill back in and marked the spots with a pen. Removed the grill and used an awl (or ice pick) to make the holes in the bumper. Took off the tape, installed the grill and put the screws in. Simple and easy. I should've taken pictures...sorry.

·
Registered
10 Posts
No pics but it's simple. Remove upper grill for access, there are three tabs on the lower grill. One at each end and one on the bottom...insert grill to see where the tabs are...I put blue masking tape at those spots, put the grill back in and marked the spots with a pen. Removed the grill and used an awl (or ice pick) to make the holes in the bumper. Took off the tape, installed the grill and put the screws in. Simple and easy. I should've taken pictures...sorry.
Ok thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts