Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put the 2.5 inch front 1.5 inch rear lift/level kit on my truck. anybody able to run 32 or 33 inch tires after a similar lift?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have the PRG 2" spacers up front and Deaver AAL's in the back. I was able to clear 285/75-16's with my stock wheels and only had to do minor adjustments. I removed my mud flaps and heated the fender liner and reformed it so it was out of the way. With those mods there was very insignificant rubbing on the fender liner when the back of the wheel turned past it. It bugged me so I removed the front tires and fender liners and cut a tiny bit of the sheet metal away behind the liner so it could be pushed even further back. (make sure you seal the cut with some primer) If you decide to do this, everything I'm talking about will become clear once you take the liner out.....also, Greg at PRG told me some guys who have the cam bolts installed adjust them so the tire is further forward, also eliminating the rub. Hope you can understand this....I'm at work and don't have time to really explain it well. PM me if you have more ?????'s.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool, thanks guys, thats the info i needed. i am going with the bfg mud tires, 265/75/16, they should be fine.

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
Was it a lot of trimming and cutting to clear those tires with no lift?
Wasn't too bad. Melted the rear of the liner a bit, cut off some of the front liner after a mishap I had with a piece I left not bolted down.
I'm also on a 17x9 +18 wheel, that probably gives me a little more rub.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am running 285 75/16 summit mud dawgs with a 3 inch spacer in the front and 2 inch rear shackles with no mods or scrubbing...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey guys. Great Thread. I need to know if you guys think the setup shown above on that silver frontier would work with a 4 banger. The firestone guys told us that 285 75/16 or tires above 31 inch would be too much for the motor, transmission and clutch

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Hey guys. Great Thread. I need to know if you guys think the setup shown above on that silver frontier would work with a 4 banger. The firestone guys told us that 285 75/16 or tires above 31 inch would be too much for the motor, transmission and clutch

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
There are a handful of 4cyl trucks on here with 33's. You'll be fine.

Sent from my Nexus 7

·
Registered
199 Posts
Running 295/70/17 Nittos on 17x9 addicts with 2.5 spacer and some trimming. Check it out in the Equator section. They are much closer to a true 33" tire than a 285. I set them side by side and the 295 is a little taller and wider. Looks much better than the 285,s that where on the truck IMO.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts