Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i got my cortex last july, installed it and was pleased, set it in the closet and there it has sat since august some time "last time i switched it to the 93 oct tune. well right about mid sept, i started getting lower mpg, and it seemed not feal so peppy, but it still ran like new, and was still quick, but it just got boring to me. ironicly the lower mpg and pep happened right around one of my oil changes. i didnt know you are supposed to set it back to stock before you take it to the dealer, and they set it back to stock lol. so for the last four months or so ive been running the stock tune and buying 93 oct for no reason and it locked up the superchips. lol, shows how important reading is :comphead:haha.

well superchips unlocked it for me, and i just reinstalled the 93 tune, and disabled the WOT and holy crap, it made such a freakin difference! it was the first time i felt the difference from stock to the 93 tune, when i first got it i went from the 87 performance tune then the 91, then the 93 so i didnt get to see the difference so dramaticly. when i used to launch before "automatic trans w/stock tune" it would squak the tires going straight and maybe make a rotation or twol. but a lil bit ago i set it to the 93 tune and i went down the street to try it out, and it was fighting for traction off the line lol, the slip light was blinking like crazy, right tire spun, then left, then right again for a while "abs" atleast 20ft or more, then it hit 80 alot quicker than it stock. im excited!

i would highly reccomend this product to anyone! it is defenately the best bang for your buck! EVERYBODY BUY ONE!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Yes my cortex helps with the tire rotation allot. It feels like stalk now do to the bigger tires. Very good investment indeed.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I recently tryed the towing tune when i was pullin my quad (650lbs) on my trailer( i have no clue) and wow. going up hills it never really had to downshift like it did before.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts