Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any pictures of it installed on the newer trucks it looks like the wires connect to the bottom of a fuse box off of the battery terminal. I did not take any pictures of this....

But also the ground wire goes through some plastic thing I was wondering what this is

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
Does anyone have any pictures of it installed on the newer trucks it looks like the wires connect to the bottom of a fuse box off of the battery terminal. I did not take any pictures of this....

But also the ground wire goes through some plastic thing I was wondering what this is

that 'plastic thing' on the BATT Ground lead is a current sensor. (VVCS) It is important you ground items to the frame and NOT directly to the batt. Grounding directly to the batt bypasses the current sensor and the alternator won't generate enough amps.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can you post pics of each upgrade. I need to do this for my sub upgrade>:D
I just replaced every wire under the Hood with 1/0 and than ran 2/0 to a second battery and amps in the back.

Really not much to it

How much power draw do you have off your audio system I am not sure how much this alone will help I did mine more with the anticipation of a bigger alternator in my future. Right now I have a 1000watt mono and a 600 watt 6 ch but I am adding another 1000watt mono

The stock output I assume could handle 1000 watts not sure doing a big 3 will really do much

·
Registered
91 Posts
Currently running a saz1000 w/a sundown sd-2 10" and a fsd125.4 on a pioneer double din.

upgrading to a sundown x-10 v.2 d2 on a fsd2600.

I am honestly having trouble locating the ground to the block

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Currently running a saz1000 w/a sundown sd-2 10" and a fsd125.4 on a pioneer double din.

upgrading to a sundown x-10 v.2 d2 on a fsd2600.

I am honestly having trouble locating the ground to the block
I will try to get a picture of it I remember the wire being short like maybe a foot from the battery

as for those fsd amps I have not used them I see that they dyno for what they are rated but I have no experience with them The sundowns how ever are great You will like the x-10 not sure where you are fitting the box but it will sound good I just pulled 2 x-10s out of my beater car and replaced them with 2 of the sundown z10 version 5 off of a sundown scv-6000d

Why not the option of 2 of those sd-2 10's in this truck I have 2 of the sd-3 10s now

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like the lows :)

Here is my build and how it went from sa8's to a sd-10... Ill update it when the builder starts my new box. I am basically going to cut out the metal under the passenger rear seat. I was under quoted at 1.1 ft^3

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f103/2007-se-crew-cab-audio-build-80010/

A pair of Z-10's! DAMN!:surprise:>:D
I never posted my build on here but I have part of it on diyma
my slow 2016 Nissan Frontier cc build jbl,sundown,helix,jl audio - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

But a lot has changed since then I am always changing out audio stuff

·
Registered
91 Posts
Great build!
I like the hdpe over the big door holes! I went ghetto and used cardboard lol. I might redo mine with this as its easier to get in and out of.

Did you upgrade your alt? I am looking at a mechman [email protected] out the door. Will pull the trigger once my box is being worked on.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great build!
I like the hdpe over the big door holes! I went ghetto and used cardboard lol. I might redo mine with this as its easier to get in and out of.

Did you upgrade your alt? I am looking at a mechman [email protected] out the door. Will pull the trigger once my box is being worked on.
I have a mechman Alt sitting on my tool box at the house right now along with another 1000 watt jl mono and a set of hybrid audio speakers I am going to try a 3 way active set I need to post some updates when I do it seems like it is the last that I work on

On a side note my wives 2017 Honda Pilot now has remote start and a nice clean stereo even though I have had the stuff on my box for 2 months for my truck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts