Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a set of BFG KM2 tires for my truck 265/75/16 I guess that'd be pretty close to a 33". I thought about 35's but I don't have my lift yet and I was worried about rubbing. I'll be picking my Shrock bumper up from the same place as the tires so it should be good like Christmas for me and the truck. I'm in South Eastern Ontario so the terrain should be the same as NY.

BTW, Cheney tires in Watertown, NY has no issue with having truck stuff dropped off that you ordered in the states to saving on duty ect... Just drop them some business as a thanks. His price for the tires is $220 a piece which compares well with most online places I could find.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
great price

I love my KM2s

I will write up a review for you tonight

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You think 265's might having been a little small? Should be around 32's but I'm starting to think some 285's might have been better. Most of my off roading is mud and some rock/loose soil.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Well, since you offroad, the 285 would probably have been better. It would have given you a larger footprint and would have helped you in the mud and loose soil. Are you able to change your order?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Should be able, I thought skinny tires were best in mud? or is that just snow? Would I need to worry about rubbing @285/300ish with stock ride height and a shrockbumper?

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
with 285/75/16 you will rub at stock height unless you are willing to cut up your fenders a lil bit. I have 4"s of lift up front and I still rub a tiny bit. I have no lower valance on the bumper and no mud flaps.

Your tires will be in MUCH sooner then the bumper.

·
Premium Member
3,550 Posts
Old school mud tires are skinny to dig to the bottom and bite rather than float.

You guys are making me wish I had waited on the KM2. But, 95% of my driving is on the road anyway, so the AT KOs are fine,,,I suppose.

I am going to put a set of these on my Patrol when I put new tires on it. Old Bias Ply P78-16 (33.2X8.7) Buckshot Mudder.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts