Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no idea what the part number is, but I am trying to find a blank faceplate for the pocket where the 4WD controls and buttons would go. I am adding some additional features to my 2WD Fronty CC and would like a place to add the some additional buttons.

Anyone have any idea if something like this is even available as an OEM part or Crutchfield, etc?

Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, yes. I can probably make do with that -- I wish that was one that didn't have anything already cut out, but I really appreciate your awesome search skills!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I am trying to find a blank faceplate for the pocket where the 4WD controls and buttons would go
I don't think they ever made a blank one. 2WD trucks have a plastic plug where the 4WD switch would go. As for the switch area, there was/are a version with a single switch and a storage pocket, three switches, four switches, or five switches.

I've been tempted to find a four-switch version but removing the panel requires more disassembly than my lazy self is willing to do to eliminate a blank switch. I have an SV VTP which has heated seats but no diff lock. For some reason, the SV VTPs shipped with a 5-switch panel and a blank switch where diff lock on a PRO-4X would be.

If you want the blank switch panel for the purpose of, well, adding switches, Contura-V rocker switches fit in the switch panel holes and have a near-OEM appearance.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think they ever made a blank one. 2WD trucks have a plastic plug where the 4WD switch would go. As for the switch area, there was/are a version with a single switch and a storage pocket, three switches, four switches, or five switches.

I've been tempted to find a four-switch version but removing the panel requires more disassembly than my lazy self is willing to do to eliminate a blank switch. I have an SV VTP which has heated seats but no diff lock. For some reason, the SV VTPs shipped with a 5-switch panel and a blank switch where diff lock on a PRO-4X would be.

If you want the blank switch panel for the purpose of, well, adding switches, Contura-V rocker switches fit in the switch panel holes and have a near-OEM appearance.
Ahh. So what you described first (2WD with plug for 4WD) is exactly what I am looking for. Any ideas for P/N for the ones with 3, 4 or 5 switches?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Ahh. So what you described first (2WD with plug for 4WD) is exactly what I am looking for. Any ideas for P/N for the ones with 3, 4 or 5 switches?

Thanks!
@sirnixalot has a link to the one with 3 switch holes. The 4WD blank plug and the switch blank plugs are separate parts. It looks like the 4WD plug alone is $78. I'd just make one out of ABS sheet or hit up a U-pull auto parts place or Home | Duncan Mills - Nissan Parts Puller

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
2021 SV VTP midnight magnetic black
30 Posts

I have a SV VTP as well and I also disliked the blank switch where the locker would go. I bought a USB charger and voltage meter combo from AliExpress for about 10 bucks and put that in. The shape is perfect and it fits nicely but the texture is different on the face of it so it's not an exact match but it's better than a blank. My 21 doesn't have the guage on the dash so it works out well. The voltage adjusting system does strange things. Install wasn't too bad, I did not remove any dash panels. I bought the cigarette lighter removal tool and removed it and tapped off that for power. Fished behind the panel with my hands and small screwdriver to remove the blank plate and the new meter popped in from the back. Took a bit to get the blank out. That was the hardest.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts