Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which would be the better lift kit for a 2006 4wd Frontier?
The 2" PRG or the 2.5-3" Calmini lift kit?

·
Registered
112 Posts
not real sure which one is better. but im leaning more towards the calmini cause you get more lift and it cost less

·
Registered
482 Posts
The thing I like about the Calmini lift is that you can do the rear leafs with blocks or shackles. If I were to get the lift, I'd get the shackle lift so there wouldn't be anymore axle wrap than stock.

The only issue with the Calmini 2.5 spacers is that people that have gone with any 2.5 or higher spacers have had the upper a-arm hit the coil bucket when the suspension is fully extended. Its up to you if you could live with hearing a loud thud every now and then. I don't think it would be very good for the truck either.....

·
Registered
205 Posts
I actually had Greg install my mini lift kit this past weekend, I went with the 2.5" spacer in front and 1.5" block in the back. I went with 1.5 instead of 2 because I wanted the front end higher than the back (my look prefernce).

And to my suprise, Im not getting the loud bang from the a-arms hitting the coil bucket. I even went 20 mph over a speed bump and still nothing.

But Greg did inform me that the a-arms would be ready in about 4 weeks. He has installed on his new xterra with a 3" lift and it looks awesome.

I will get pictures up as soon as it stops raining here in SF

·
Registered
482 Posts
Try to go off a curb at a nice speed. You have to get that front end to extend all the way to hear the bang. I had a truck that did this after a torsion beam lift, but it was from the shocks being too short. Try to catch a little air off a curb or jump to see if you can get it to hit.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I went with Greg's Mini Lift. Had it since November 05'. I have the 2.5" front with the 2" rear blocks. For my needs, I am pleased with the results. My opinion is that if you are not agressive with bumps, etc, then there will be less of a chance of the coil bucket contacting the a-arm.
This is the height the truck should of been right from the factory...................

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
I went with PRG as well, Greg is really good at spending time with customers and Tech help. I went with the 2 inch lift. It was really simple to install my self, takes about 2.5 hrs to do.

I have pics here on my web site. www.pbase.com/hatton/nissan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts