Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Frontier Crew Cab 4WD
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been here a couple of weeks already, but I haven't posted on introductions yet, so I guess I might as well. So hi. I'm Dapostrophus. I spell it phonetically because most people don't know to pronounce the apostrophe in D'us. No, that's not really my name. I live in the Cincinnati area. I've never actually had my own truck before, or a Nissan for that matter. Always liked the Frontier, and I finally picked one up recently. It's my daily driver. I'll give you the rundown of what it has, what it needs, and all that, and I welcome any input/suggestions.

• Radiant Silver
• XE
• Crew Cab
• 4X4
• Charcoal Six-Spoke Alloy Wheels
• Factory Roof Rack/Running Boards/Bed Liner
• Color-Matched A.R.E. Hard Bed Cover
• Gray Leather
• Firestone Destination A/T M+S Tires
• All Stock

I love the truck as-is, and I plan on leaving it mostly stock. There are just a few things I do want to change, just to make it more comfortable and pleasant to drive.

• All lights converted to LED (interior is halfway there)
• Stereo & front speakers replaced
• 10" Subwoofer behind backseat
• Backup camera installed, activated when in reverse (monitor possibly integrated into touchscreen stereo, but $$$)
• Touchscreen Android stereo with bluetooth/nav/backup camera input (maybe someday)
• Maybe add floor mats

It's had a few issues I've already (mostly) taken care of, namely...

• Replaced broken hood prop rod clip
• Replaced cracked coolant reservoir cap
• Replaced 1 high pressure hose, 4 o-rings and receiver drier, vacced down and recharged AC (good as new!)
• Got new keys and fobs (only came with 1 of each)
• Polished cloudy/yellowed headlights
• Engine air filter replaced
• Cabin air filters replaced (Why are there 2??)
• Replaced rusted/broken tail light bracket with a 3D printed one, courtesy of a neighbor
• Polished scratches out of gauge cluster lens, only to promptly snap it in half (hence the 'mostly' - replacement ordered!)

And there are a few issues that still need to be taken care of
• Install new gauge cluster lens :LOL:
• New front tires get installed/aligned Wednesday
• Slightly sagging driver's door
• Lost AC low side port cap (tried and returned 2 replacements that don't fit)
• Steering wheel foam separating from metal from on the inside, just on the top maybe 1/6 of the wheel, and the vinyl is slightly pitted and worn (NBD)
• Squeaky gas pedal
• Lost the GD metal retainer clip that holds the HVAC mode control cable in the control unit, have to fabricate a new one (giant PITA for something so tiny)
Mysterious rattling under the hood until the engine is warm

·
Registered
781 Posts
Welcome to this place, sounds like you’ve got a solid handle on your truck. Enjoy!

·
Registered
2004 Frontier Crew Cab 4WD
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I forgot to mention, it has 179k miles on it. Is there any maintenance I should consider doing? Also, is there anything that can be done to optimize the gas mileage? Every little bit helps.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Sounds like a nice one! I was thinking of looking at a 1st gen like it but in black, it only had 80k on it. I don’t know much about the 1st gen so not sure about the mileage. Have fun with it!

·
Vendor
2,808 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Glad that you decided to join us and post. Show us your truck when you can. This place is full of knowledgeable people willing to help and give some good insight. Be sure to reach out if any help needed!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts